Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ram 1500 Charger - 2025

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just put a $100 deposit down on this, its a great concept!
Note that the $100 is not a deposit and doesn't go towards the purchase of the vehicle at all. It's a "membership" in the club of the first people that will be allowed to order the new vehicle at some point in the future. The fee is refundable up until they send you the invite to submit your order, at which point, you've received the complete value of that $100 (being first in line to gain access to the order page). I know it's just $100, but after reading that in their legalese, I figured I'd wait until after they actually release the vehicle. I also don't care for the new "order fee" that Tesla charges now, which also doesn't count towards your purchase price.

I am looking forward to this vehicle and it's one of the vehicles I'm keeping an eye on to replace my 2003 Dodge Ram 1500.

Reactions: fhteagle
Note that the $100 is not a deposit and doesn't go towards the purchase of the vehicle at all. It's a "membership" in the club of the first people that will be allowed to order the new vehicle at some point in the future. The fee is refundable up until they send you the invite to submit your order, at which point, you've received the complete value of that $100 (being first in line to gain access to the order page). I know it's just $100, but after reading that in their legalese, I figured I'd wait until after they actually release the vehicle. I also don't care for the new "order fee" that Tesla charges now, which also doesn't count towards your purchase price.

I am looking forward to this vehicle and it's one of the vehicles I'm keeping an eye on to replace my 2003 Dodge Ram 1500.
I remember putting down a $100 non-refundable deposit on the Nissan Leaf back around 2009-2010 to hold a place in line, a year or two before it was released, after going to a big local Leaf event. After the initial version was revealed to only have like a 73-mile EPA range, I opted not to order but didn't regret losing my $100.

I wouldn't mind again putting down the $100 here as well, even with the MSRP unknown, so long as they guaranteed that one could order the Ramcharger for MSRP. But all the $100 does here is ensure that the local dealers can mark up their dealer markup at least $100 more than they would otherwise, since they can arbitrarily decide what higher price they want to charge me vs someone who doesn't have $100 already forfeited.

Imo this is the market leader right off the bat. Has all the specs and won’t have any of the issues associated with charging. Being Ram the interior will be fantastic, will probably have their good air suspension, and it’s a traditional truck. Driving experience of EV will be much better than a traditional gas truck.

Reactions: swaltner