Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions about repair quality from a Tesla certified shop.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was involved in a minor fender bender (just some scratches, no structural deformity) earlier this month (first image).

When I tried to make an appointment with shops near my area, all of them were pretty busy and told me that their next available spot was not until January next year. But one shop that I had reached out to told me to bring the car in, depending on the extent of the damage, they may be able to give me an earlier spot. Long story short, they decided to take my car, and it took them 4 days to get my rear bumper repainted. When I picked up my car from the shop, I noticed some "imperfections" in the paintwork:

- They seemed to miss the edges when repainting (image 2-4).
- Small bumps under the paint that are probably due to dust or contaminations (rest of the images).

Is this considered as a within-spec repair, or I'm just being a nitpicking jerk here? The shop charged the at-fault insurance 3k for this, and I personally don't think this looks like a 3k repair. Can someone please give me some suggestions on what to do? Thanks in advance!

-Electronaut

Attachments

• tempImagehMr9A4.png
    tempImagehMr9A4.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 211
  • IMG_5614.jpg
    IMG_5614.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5615.jpg
    IMG_5615.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_5617.jpg
    IMG_5617.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_5618.jpg
    IMG_5618.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_5619.jpg
    IMG_5619.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_5620.jpg
    IMG_5620.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_5621.jpg
    IMG_5621.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 87
No paint job is perfect, but that one has a few too many defects for my taste. I'd ask for it to be redone.

Tim
Just reached out to the shop, they said they didn't even touch the edges because there's no damage, and if they do, there's the risk of the paint not matching properly with the rear quarter panel of the body. Basically, they said that all the un-sprayed areas and the dust particles were from the factory.

• Funny
Reactions: TBrownTX
Upvote 0