Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions about Current X features, etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Current M3 considering another Tesla for the family...

Now that they have dropped the prices of X’s and s’s it seems an X might be in reach.

Is there anywhere that the exact features are documented? Example - is the fully automated front doors still a thing or not? I’d prefer not to have that feature anyway.

Also, a few months ago I looked at a 2017 used X. I noticed the seals on the top of the wing doors had deteriorated a lot. At the time I read up on that and it seems it’s a known issue with debatable resolution / warranty support from Tesla. Is this still the case with a new unit? Have they improved the material? I really don’t want to spend $85k on a known headache. If that’s the case maybe we’ll stick with an S and keep $5k in the bank.

I’m not aware of one place that would list every feature in more detail than Tesla’s site.

I also don’t know if they have changed the material used in the door seals. That being said, I had a 2016 Model X and I just upgraded to a new “Raven” 2019 Model X. I never had problems with the seals on my first one, but many, many, things have been refined on the new version.

- Yes it still has automatic doors, in my experience they work perfectly 99.9% of the time, and you can definitely turn it off in settings if you like.

I love the Model 3, but I prefer the X for its more muscular appearance and utility.

- The variable height suspension is awesome, whether you want to drop it down for a more sporty look or raise it up for rough roads and deep snow.
- The cargo capacity and access are excellent
- The adaptive suspension provides a smoother ride but still delivers stiff, no lean cornering when driving hard
- many little quirks from my 2016 have been addressed:
  • the hood is stiffer and feels much more solid and easy to close.

• The shiny seat backs are replaced with a much better material that doesn’t look bad after two days.
  • The falcon door interior open close button has been made much more intuitive.
  • Many more little things
If you haven’t already, go drive them. Personally the S is my least favorite of the current three models. The 3 and X both have much better visibility.

I was going to get a Y, but decided go back to the new X for the variable height suspension and range.

Happy to answer any questions.