Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production X Configuration Has Begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually, those of use who DO have access to the configurator CANNOT SAVE CONFIGS! There is no such option (I think there was with the Model S) on the X configuration. It resets every time.
I was wondering about this myself. Admittedly, there aren't THAT many options to play with... but by the time you picked paint, wheels, interior materials, battery size / model, layout, and the up to seven other options (depending which battery/model you chose), it does take a moment to recreate things...
Let's see:
70D: 9 colors * 4 wheels * (3 seat materials * 5 decors * 2 headliners + 1 seat material * 5 decors [white seats force black headliner]) * 3 layouts * 32 (5 binary option) * 3 (1 ternary option: tow/hitch/neither) = 36 * 35 * 288 = 362,880 permutations
90D: half as many permutations as smart air is always included, so 181,440
P90D: 8 times as many permutations compared to 90D for ludicrous, spoiler, red calipers, so 1,451,520 permutations

For a grand total of 1,995,840 different possibilities to configure your Model X - I can't wait for Tesla to announce that they have shipped every single one of them :)

(someone check my math, please)

I was wondering about this myself. Admittedly, there aren't THAT many options to play with... but by the time you picked paint, wheels, interior materials, battery size / model, layout, and the up to seven other options (depending which battery/model you chose), it does take a moment to recreate things...
Let's see:
70D: 9 colors * 4 wheels * (3 seat materials * 5 decors * 2 headliners + 1 seat material * 5 decors [white seats force black headliner]) * 3 layouts * 32 (5 binary option) * 3 (1 ternary option: tow/hitch/neither) = 36 * 35 * 288 = 362,880 permutations
90D: half as many permutations as smart air is always included, so 181,440
P90D: 8 times as many permutations compared to 90D for ludicrous, spoiler, red calipers, so 1,451,520 permutations

For a grand total of 1,995,840 different possibilities to configure your Model X - I can't wait for Tesla to announce that they have shipped every single one of them :)

(someone check my math, please)

By the time I finally hit Order, I could have run that interface blind-folded with one hand... ;) Had the damn thing memorized. So did my wife - she was super pleased about that!

Not going to venture to check you math, but if you consider all possibilities and permutations, it is quite a few, but if you factor in and out your "knowns", it really just becomes an exercise in courage... Blind blind courage.

Sean

Quick question - I ordered last night on Jan 2 and my page now says "Pending - Your Model X will be confirmed on January 9, 2016" but I don't see a "Confirm Now" button like some people here discussed a couple of weeks ago. Still shows the "Design" button. Is there something I need to do to make the "Confirm Now" button appear? Is it somewhere else I'm not seeing it? Thanks!

Quick question - I ordered last night on Jan 2 and my page now says "Pending - Your Model X will be confirmed on January 9, 2016" but I don't see a "Confirm Now" button like some people here discussed a couple of weeks ago. Still shows the "Design" button. Is there something I need to do to make the "Confirm Now" button appear? Is it somewhere else I'm not seeing it? Thanks!

My confirm now button only appeared for a short time. You'll probably have to wait until the expiration of the 7 days or call your DS.

My confirm now button only appeared for a short time. You'll probably have to wait until the expiration of the 7 days or call your DS.

Weird - mine never appeared as far as I know. No big deal to wait out the seven days, but just wanted to see if I was missing something.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, you refer to calling my DS - will a DS be assigned to me? How/when does that happen or is it listed somewhere on mytesla?

Same here. I have no idea who my DS is or how or when I get one. There are people on these forums that seem to contact their DS daily. I'm curious to see what the answer to your question is.

I got a call from my DS about 3 days after I was invited to configure. If you are getting near the end of your configuration window and haven't heard from them, call the number or email the address listed in your configuration invitation email.

I never got a confirm button either. However, it auto-confirmed after the 7 day period. Awaiting a Production VIN. So it's early in the process. Got a update to complete all the "pre-paperwork". Done. It seems still 30-40 days away. Decided to let the DS handle the near term Signature deliveries, and didn't want to contact them at this point. I would expect a contact a few weeks after getting a VIN (parts ordered for production). Not much will happen until then. Happy VIN day to all.

I got a call from my DS about 3 days after I was invited to configure. If you are getting near the end of your configuration window and haven't heard from them, call the number or email the address listed in your configuration invitation email.

I've been invited to configure for three weeks. No call or email from anyone. Which is ok as I won't order before we have driven the car.

You refer to a "configuration window" above (and its end). All information I have seen so far there is no such thing. Maybe at some point after they have enough cars in show rooms they will ask people to configure or get their money back, but so far that does not appear to be the case.

My configuration was confirmed final on 12/1/15, and I was assigned a VIN on 12/23/15. Never had any contact with a DS. Will wait for them to call me. I figure that they'll find me once it's time to pay up. I'm sure they're overworked and uber-busy so I'll leave them be until necessary. :)

@dirkhh. You won't be notified of the seven day period until you Press ORDER. So if you are waiting for the Test Ride, then there is nothing for you to do at this point. Once you decide to configure and "order" you will electronically sign the Sales Agreement which says in Week 1, that you can cancel or change your configuration at any time. Afterwards, your Order Deposit will no longer be refundable. Change after week one, are charged $500 (if Tesla can accommodate).
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/member.php/14872-dirkhh

A note about the confirmation timeline, since I wasn't sure what would happen:

Your order technically does not confirm until Midnight PST the day after it says it will confirm, so you still have all day on your confirmation day to make changes. It's not dependent on the time you first submit your order.

A note about the confirmation timeline, since I wasn't sure what would happen:

Your order technically does not confirm until Midnight PST the day after it says it will confirm, so you still have all day on your confirmation day to make changes. It's not dependent on the time you first submit your order.

correct. 7 calendar days would have made my cut off sometime on Dec 7, but official confirm went through (automatically, I assume) at about 2am on the 8th.

You refer to a "configuration window" above (and its end). All information I have seen so far there is no such thing. Maybe at some point after they have enough cars in show rooms they will ask people to configure or get their money back, but so far that does not appear to be the case.

Fair enough. I should have said order window, referring to the 7 day window between order and confirmation.