Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
#1323 has been ordered and is "Scheduled for Build"

This time around we are going with:

Tesla Roadster Sport 2.5
Electric Blue Exposed CF Exterior
Exec. Leather Interior Black with Dark Gray Rally Style
Paint Armor
Solar Guard Windshield
Infotainment Group
Forged Silver Wheels
Mobile Connector
Car Cover and Hardtop Storage Bag ordered as well, but will be used on our other Roadster #350

The excitement of waiting begins now... :)

Last edited:
I have seen North American VINs over 1300 now.
But that doesn't tell the whole story as some VINs were skipped between model years, and it wouldn't include (AFAIK) Asian or European Roadsters.
So, basically, seeing a VIN doesn't really tell you how many total Roadsters have been made.

I believe there are two number series, the North American one and the Rest of the World.
My car is number #570 (European, the #569 goes to Hong Kong) and will be delivered around 1-2 weeks. The North American VINs are over 1300. That would make at least 1850 cars. But I too read the 1600 number somewhere in an article this week, don't remember where.

Wait, I just remembered right now: Events | Events | Tesla Motors
It's an official article and it says "Bereits über 1.600 Besitzer...", which means "Already over 1.600 owners..."

I have seen North American VINs over 1300 now.
But that doesn't tell the whole story as some VINs were skipped between model years, and it wouldn't include (AFAIK) Asian or European Roadsters.
So, basically, seeing a VIN doesn't really tell you how many total Roadsters have been made.

Ours is #1329, ordered late March and on time (according to our Tesla rep) for delivery first week of June. I think I read somewhere that 1800 Roadsters have been "sold", maybe a Bloomberg article. That would require that not many VINs were skipped (approx 1300 in USA + approx 500 non-US = 1800) ... If I can find it again I'll post a link.