Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is finally in Tokyo last (ordered in late October; the car was from somebody else's production slot and had all the options locked in at the time). Here are a few pics from the secret Tokyo service garage courtesy of the Tesla store manager. This at last is the first evidence that the car really exists! Not sure exactly when I'll be able to see it in person or take delivery, but it must be some time in Feb. as that is the deadline to receive a substantial $30,000+ subsidy from the Japanese government for buying an EV. Sure would had missing out on that if the car happened to be delivered late !!!

TESLA John-sama2.jpg
TESLA John-sama3.jpg
TESLA John-sama1.jpg

Nobody actually knows where this garage is located as it does not yet have a viewing area or anywhere for customers to hang out. It's all TOP SECRET! It looks nice and clean in the pics though! These are probably the first pics of the facility that the public has ever seen...

I was thinking the only way to figure this out would be to tail somebody from Tesla on their way out there. I was told also they can show me the car sometime in the next few days, but that it would have to be a neutral location! Wow, they are really keeping this place undrer wraps!

Okay, my car is finally here! I picked it up 2 days ago and have pretty much just been driving solid for a couple days... it's too much fun to get out of the car! I ordered it right at the end of October, so it took almost 4 months to arrive. I never found the secret Tokyo workshop unfortunately (yet!).

Awesome! I came so close to getting Lightning Green with the CF and black wheels. Think it looks amazing.

Well, my Roadster is without CF and with standard wheels. Guess they simply don't have another pic. I dislike the black wheels, I think they only look good on a black car.
The lightning green looks great, but it's becoming somehow a "standard color", almost any new Roadster has it. Maybe it's getting something like the red for a Ferrari or the yellow for a Lamborghini. Green for a Tesla! My second color would have been orange. I always wanted an orange car. I'm wondering myself getting green. Well, it's really the lightning green which makes the difference, wouldn't have taken any other green.