Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Private Model 3 Viewing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going, but has anyone considered it might just be the same M3 versions they had for the original reveal? I hope I'm wrong...
Well Elon said the production AWD drive versions should be much faster than those during the reveal... I'm interested in the performance of the release candidates. Keep that in the back of your mind if you get a chance to ride in one.

For those going to the event, please ask Franz during the Q&A what changes they have made so far to the exterior of the Model 3 and what changes, if any, they plan to make to the production version. Maybe this can settle the crease/duckbill/trunk opening/charging port/booty conjectures once and for all... and avoid almost two more months of arguments over whose observational or photo-analytic skills are better, as well as, quell some of the hand-wringing over possible last minute changes. ;):p

Last edited:
For those going to the event, please ask Franz during the Q&A what changes they have made so far to the exterior of the Model 3 and what changes, if any, they plan to make to the production version. Maybe this can settle the crease/duckbill/trunk opening/charging port/booty conjectures once and for all... and avoid almost two more months of arguments over whose observational or photo-analytic skills are better, as well as, quell some of the hand-wringing over possible last minute changes. ;):p

Perhaps we should create a shared doc with some question's we'd like answered? Back in the good ol' days of Fisker 2.0 we had a thread on questions to ask during their open town halls... was pretty useful in getting at least some clarity on how things worked/changed/plans for future...

Reactions: Big-T
PSA: Electrek's Fred Lambert will be attending this event, and is soliciting questions to ask Franz von Holzhausen in the comments section of this article.
I like Electrek & Fred, but really hope this doesn't turn into more of a press event by his presence. Franz will likely be more guarded knowing what he says will show up that night in the press - it would be nice for those of you who are going to get to know him & have a friendly give & take. It's about the referral winners and a special event ...

I'd love to go. I referred 6 buyers in that period. But unfortunately clicking the RSVP link in the email just gets me this:

"Thank you for your interest. Unfortunately, this event is private and for invited guests only. If this invitation was forwarded to you by a guest, please kindly ask that your name be added to their reservation."

Guess I'll try again tomorrow and if it doesn't resolve itself then I'll have to figure out who to call.

I like Electrek & Fred, but really hope this doesn't turn into more of a press event by his presence. Franz will likely be more guarded knowing what he says will show up that night in the press - it would be nice for those of you who are going to get to know him & have a friendly give & take. It's about the referral winners and a special event ...
Maybe so, but this may be the only chance of having someone ask about winter testing before ordering begins. Whether they've taken into account SK winters where it gets down to -35 to -40 degrees. All indications are currently that they have designed it only for San Francisco winters. I want to know whether it'll keep the windows clear and car warm where it gets cold. Someone remind them that Musk's ancestral home is SK.

Should ask about that HUD also.

Do you have a source? It would be highly unusual for any automaker to not design for both very high and very low temperature environments. Testing can be done in chambers; they don't have to test in Saskatoon or Arizona.
It's a well known complaint that the panoramic roof radiates in cold. Now they've decided to discontinue the metal roof altogether. Doesn't bode well for those of us who like a warm car. Heck, my current car takes so long to get warm in mid-winter my fingers get numb before I reach my destination if I'm driving across the river.

Oh, and I'm aware of cold chambers.

Reactions: 1.21 Jiggawatts