Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About to buy a 2021 Model 3- anything specific to check?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I'm about to buy a Tesla model 3 from a private buyer (Ireland), 2021, standard range plus with under 30k on it.

Is there anything specific that I should check or ask him to check/show me from the app or screen please? Would you recommend paying someone to check it fully- suspension, brake pads etc. ; things that I wouldn't know about.

Thanks in advance!
Pa

Aside from a visual inspection of the car for cosmetic issues or previous accident damage I would go into the service menu of the car and check the battery health. If you're not sure how to access the service menu in the Model 3 Google it, there are many how to videos, it's quite simple. You mentioned brakes and rotors and that stuff, no different on this car than any other except maybe little wear. I seldom use my brakes, maybe going weeks at a time without applying them.

Aside from a visual inspection of the car for cosmetic issues or previous accident damage I would go into the service menu of the car and check the battery health. If you're not sure how to access the service menu in the Model 3 Google it, there are many how to videos, it's quite simple. You mentioned brakes and rotors and that stuff, no different on this car than any other except maybe little wear. I seldom use my brakes, maybe going weeks at a time without applying them.