Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pricing Revealed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah, I see. You just assume malicious intent in someone else's mind as a default. You wanted something and if you don't get it, then obviously, they "were never serious" about giving it to you. Nothing will likely change your mind then. Have a nice day.
I'm certain Elon is properly deluded and believes what he says. That doesn't excuse the behavior when the inevitable result is a lie and swindle.

For the record, I don't even like the Cybertruck. I think it's god ugly. For my money, I'd wait for whatever 2nd gen F150 Lightning that comes out. ...and I think the delivery event was a disgrace. The lighting and audio was awful, the presentation was unpolished, and a lack of highlighting specs and plans for the future at major events is tiresome. I'm over it. They lost some good will with me on those points.

...at the same time, I think the doom and gloom over the specs and price of the truck are unrealistic and out of line.

Reactions: Hank42 and SilverGS
Poking around the site code, found some stuff:

Seems that first editions, rather than called founder's editions, will be called "Foundation Series". It will be fully optioned, with exclusive badges and premium accessories. I believe from what I have found, the premium accessories are as follows:
  • 3d All-weather floor mats
  • Smuggler's Bay Dividers (Any idea what this is?)
  • Sunshade
  • Bed D-Rings
  • L-Track Hooks with tie-downs
  • Bottle Opener

There is also a reference to a Reentry Edition, which appears to be the same as the Foundation series: "Reentry Edition configurations are fully maxed out with every available option and accessory included. Est. delivery in Dec, 2023."

Other things I believe I have found:

Powershare installation will be an option upon configuring your Cybertruck. Pricing is uncertain from what I found, but you can either pre-purchase the installation (assuming equipment as well) and it will cover the first $4000 of your installation costs.

We know that Power Share requires the Universal Wall Connector, but there was also a line about a "Tesla Powershare Mobile Connector". I do not know what that might be, maybe an edition of the mobile connector that has power out as well?

There are two interior options:
Tactical Grey Decor
White Decor

Tow Hitch may come standard, not sure, but is defined by the following:
"High strength, Class II steel tow bar capable of towing up to 3,500 lbs"

There are two steering wheel options,
Squirkle (PUR)
Squirkle (PUR+Suede)

For those curious:
Squirkle
Definition: “A square with rounded corners.” (Merriam-Webster)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jones1
For the record, I don't even like the Cybertruck. I think it's god ugly. For my money, I'd wait for whatever 2nd gen F150 Lightning that comes out. ...and I think the delivery event was a disgrace. The lighting and audio was awful, the presentation was unpolished, and a lack of highlighting specs and plans for the future at major events is tiresome. I'm over it. They lost some good will with me on those points.

...at the same time, I think the doom and gloom over the specs and price of the truck are unrealistic and out of line.
I honestly hope they just cancel the whole thing. Maybe if sales are low enough they will. Also the new Lightning is moving to a heat pump system and i'm sure some other goodies. I wouldn't let someone park a cybertruck in my driveway..that is how ugly i think it is.

$20k more and remember the 500 mile range that I put money down on? NOT. Best is 340 "Tesla EPA miles". Add some cold weather and towing and it's worse than my Refreshed X. Could be under 150 miles actual with a load and cold. THAT'S why the 500 mile thing was important. TESLA rating is Best the thing will do at 55 mph, 70 deg out, no heat, no towing.

Got my $100 back last week.
320 miles is a deal killer.

Reactions: afadeev
The crappy part is no actual info on time and true price. The prices are estimates without any info on the options. Elon basically gave us nothing new at the "delivery" event. They gave out a few hand built trucks, I can't believe they didn't even disclose when the first real orders (not preorders) could be placed.
It’s gonna be a long night for Elon. Reality is going to knock on the door pretty hard.

time to step down.

So.. roughly 120,000 for only 470 Tesla miles?

taking up 1/3 of the bed, adding weight and destroying what’s left. What a joke.
expectation will always kill the joy-everything changes specially after 4 years. The money has lost its purchasing power, inflation has kicked in and still people expect CT price should remain the same. It's true some people never change for the better.
the truck fell short. Bottom line. Specs aren’t there.

Sometimes a GIF says it best.

IMG_1322.gif

Now, who’s got a reservation?

Last edited:
Reactions: TessP100D
The crappy part is no actual info on time and true price. The prices are estimates without any info on the options. Elon basically gave us nothing new at the "delivery" event. They gave out a few hand built trucks, I can't believe they didn't even disclose when the first real orders (not preorders) could be placed.
Felt like a typical Tesla delivery event to me: lacking substance.

For all you doomers complaining about the price, remember that Ford is losing $36,000 of every Lightning it sells and Rivian loses $33,000 on every vehicle it sells. When you talk about the Cybertruck not being competitive at that price, factor that in. The CT may be a slightly more expensive, but they still make a profit and Tesla chooses not to lose $30,000 on each of the 2 million vehicles they have reserved. ...and I don't blame them.
I don't know about you, but when it comes down to it, I'd rather buy the car gets me more for my dollar. As a consumer I don't give a *sugar* about the company's bottom line.

I don't know about you, but when it comes down to it, I'd rather buy the car gets me more for my dollar. As a consumer I don't give a *sugar* about the company's bottom line.
As you should. ...but also remember you get what you pay for. Remember that when you're only charging at 150kw in the Ford, when your battery overheats and software bricks your car like Rivian.... or when you can't get service for your vehicle because the company went under due to selling a vehicle that loses $30,000 per vehicle. Nikola Badger and Lordstown trucks promised an even better value. Look how cheap they were! Get 'em while you can!