Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pricing and Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Assuming someone hasn't come to take my keys away by then, my current thoughts are to drive the Roadster for 3 or 4 years until it's too hard to get in and out of the car and then trade it in for a Model S. That would work well, assuming by then there is a market for used Roadsters.
I was told some time ago that Tesla would very likely take Roadsters for trade-in. That may have changed by now, though.

It would let me still practice my smaller footprint plan, but let my shrinking backside have a little more comfort. :rolleyes:
Consider yourself lucky. Likely most Americans are dealing with rapidly expanding backsides.

Man some of the people making comments are so uninformed it's annoying.

I thought the same thing. I always have to remind myself to stop reading the comments on CNN stories, because one fact will always remain true:

You can't fix stupid.

I've long believed that as a prerequisite to post a comment on a website, one must show proof of having educated themselves on the topic...

I thought the same thing. I always have to remind myself to stop reading the comments on CNN stories...

With only a few exceptions I've also stopped reading comments left anywhere about a Tesla story. They almost always consist of:

1) 'It's too expensive! They need to build a cheaper car!'
2) 'Only 200 miles of range? I drive farther than that every day!'
3) 'They got bailed out by the government'
4) 'The car emits the same amount (or more) CO2 than a regular car because it's charged by a coal-fired plant!'
5) 'Model S is vaporware'

You can't fix stupid.

No, you can't. You can, however, fix uneducated. But it is kind of pointless to try and do so online.

I agree that addressing stupid online comments (i.e. "What do you think will happen when the greenies realize that electricity comes from burning COAL?!") is "pointless" in the sense that it is unlikely to change the mind of the poster. People that post unverified opinions as facts and insults aren't likely to change their opinions based on new facts.

But, I do think there's a lot of people out there reading that have the same concerns; but don't bother posting the question (which they would post as a question rather than a fact; that's a quick way to tell whether you are going to reach the poster or not). I run into them all the time in real life, and they are happy with my answers there--so I post answers online in hopes that some of them will read my explanation, rather than be left with an erroneous "fact".

I agree that addressing stupid online comments is "pointless" in the sense that it is unlikely to change the mind of the poster.

But, I do think there's a lot of people out there reading that have the same concerns; so I post answers online in hopes that some of them will read my explanation, rather than be left with an erroneous "fact".

In the months since I posted this, I now have a fair bit of experience addressing stupid online comments while using my real name. And rather than just hoping that some lurkers learn from my comments, I am now quite positive that they do! I have received many heartfelt thanks for answering popular questions and staying polite.

It's definitely worth doing. There will always be people that want to argue for argument's sake; but there are far more that are happy to learn if you give them pointers to good information. It's just unfortunate that the former group makes most of the comments.