Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No.

Actually, it does when you click for details:

View attachment 930693

You can also get an extra 3 years, 6 total, if you trade-in an S or X with FUSC. (Or you can keep it but authorize Tesla to remove FUSC from it.)
Just left the Tesla store they say, only if I take higher price. My SA was not updated according to the lead person here. He said the terms changed the same day. There is only two Model S on the lot. About a hundred Model Y & 3

The price increase on the S that’s not selling particularly well and the decrease on the Y that’s hot are a little mind blowing. I don’t understand the strategy at all. Only 1k difference between the m3p and myp is crazy.
I think someone has already said this, but their strategy might be to scare folks who are waiting for another price drop into ordering now in fears of another price increase.

On April 13, 2023, I ordered a MSLR, 19" wheels, blue, cream interior, steering wheel, at the lower base price of $84,990. My estimated delivery window is May 9-18, 2023. Pretty clear to me that I am not getting any free super charging. I think the lower price was a better deal for me because I don't think I will do enough road trips with the MS to use $2,500 worth of super charging. Vast majority of my charging will be at home. Anyway, I am looking forward to getting this car. Just my opinion, but I don't think the price of the Model S will go much, if any, lower.

Reactions: Kare101
On April 13, 2023, I ordered a MSLR, 19" wheels, blue, cream interior, steering wheel, at the lower base price of $84,990. My estimated delivery window is May 9-18, 2023. Pretty clear to me that I am not getting any free super charging. I think the lower price was a better deal for me because I don't think I will do enough road trips with the MS to use $2,500 worth of super charging. Vast majority of my charging will be at home. Anyway, I am looking forward to getting this car. Just my opinion, but I don't think the price of the Model S will go much, if any, lower.
Blue so dope ! Yeah since they changed the terms for the supercharging I guess I can be happy about getting the 2nd lowest price ever for LR MS

Reactions: zoomer0056
Blue so dope ! Yeah since they changed the terms for the supercharging I guess I can be happy about getting the 2nd lowest price ever for LR MS
They didn't really change the terms for the free supercharging offer, they just clarified the terms on their website. I had asked about it before the text was changed and was told no free supercharging unless I take the new price. The updated text confirms that.

They didn't really change the terms for the free supercharging offer, they just clarified the terms on their website. I had asked about it before the text was changed and was told no free supercharging unless I take the new price. The updated text confirms that.

Now I’ve had some time to think about the increase, I think it’s a marketing ploy for “free supercharging”, with a small price increase to pay for it

I'd rather have the 3k savings than free supercharging. I haven't ran the numbers in a while but last time I checked, I spent about $.10/mile for supercharging. So a $3k bump in the price equates to about 30k miles of free supercharging. Definitely not worth it for me since 95% of my charging is at home.

May be a better deal for someone who has no place to charge at home and has to rely on SC's. Don't think I'd want to supercharge my battery pack 100% of the time either.

Better yet raise the price $1k and give back USS instead. I'd probably order another S and dump the 3.

I'd rather have the 3k savings than free supercharging. I haven't ran the numbers in a while but last time I checked, I spent about $.10/mile for supercharging. So a $3k bump in the price equates to about 30k miles of free supercharging. Definitely not worth it for me since 95% of my charging is at home.

May be a better deal for someone who has no place to charge at home and has to rely on SC's. Don't think I'd want to supercharge my battery pack 100% of the time either.

Better yet raise the price $1k and give back USS instead. I'd probably order another S and dump the 3.

I’ve supercharged 3x in the year I owned my MSP. Def not worth it to me over savings