Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Press Conference—July 17

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't see any further delays on the X or the 3. From the information before, we were told end of Q3, which is September. That's two months from now. Model 3 is late 2017 and a little more than 2 years is still late 2017.

Mixed bag of info so far. I am not happy with general delay in X and pushing model 3 to 2018. Sold the July 24 280s at surge this AM and just sold my Sept 270s now. I think we may see a bull/bear battle early next week and I am not sure I can pick the short term winner. May buy back in on a dip prior to ER

What delay in X? 2 months is Sept 17 and late Q3/summer. It is perfectly on tract.

What delay in X? 2 months is Sept 17 and late Q3/summer. It is perfectly on tract.
The initial 'the X is a couple months away' was quickly changed by a PR blog. I sold the Sept calls based on the initial EM assertion. I still believe that we will see a chance for me to buy those back cheaper. I may be wrong...I have been wrong many times before :)

I have a feeling things are going to get silly in the Tesla stores. Not only do they now have to say "ludicrous speed," but they'll soon have to sell a "P90X" in two months, and of course 4 years from now: "maximum plaid."

edit: oh, and of course there's "supercharger," which has always been confusing as well.

A fully loaded P85D w/ ludicrous upgrade is now $140K!!! now that's ludicrous

Nope it is

hqdefault.jpg

I have a feeling things are going to get silly in the Tesla stores. Not only do they now have to say "ludicrous speed," but they'll soon have to sell a "P90X" in two months, and of course 4 years from now: "maximum plaid."

edit: oh, and of course there's "supercharger," which has always been confusing as well.

bahaha totally missed the P90X until you pointed it out

im trying to figure out where all of this new stuff leave us.

Im guessing we'll be seeing a bunch of press related to 0-60 in 2.8

They're still being pretty hush about ModelX but EM did say only 30% similarity between ModelS and ModelX now which is probably why it kept getting pushed back.

I dont think we'll be seeing a ModelX design studio anytime soon. just a hunch.

Also, autopilot seems to be running into some troubles too.

Share price should have fallen a lot more than ~$2

Last edited:
The fastest production SUV on the market is the Porsche Cayenne turbo S at 4.3. It starts at $146k and gets 16/20 mpg.

I think Tesla has done a great job at positioning the top of the line Model X

This will decimate all premium SUV sales. The insane model X will probably be 3.8-4.0 range which is still amazing. And on top of that a mpge of 70 to be conservative.

The announcement is somewhat meh for short term investors but very exciting for long term.

So they keep selling the 85 models and introduce the 90? That does not make sense at all. I expect the 85 will be cancelled within a few months due to very low demand.

Well, they are charging a big premium for them... $600/kWh. I suspect the factory output of the new silicon anode cells is still limited, so the early adopters will be pay to be first as always. Over time, the new chemistry will likely take over. I suspect the 70's still stay on the old chemistry for a while in order to keep costs down.

So, does new anode mean same size pack with higher energy density, and the cost is meant to account for that? Will they be selling some packs with silicon anode and others with...cobalt, is it, right now? Or are they stuffing more cells into the 90?

I think a lot of people missed the fact that the current 85 KwH pack is limited not by the cells but by a fuse. A fuse which Tesla is charging for, for the existing owner base w 85kwh. This does 2 things -- helps to decrease range anxiety ever so slightly, makes the CPO cars THAT much more attractive, and shows that with tiny little innovation the cars can "stay fresh"

I think this was one of the better announcements by Elon for the stock. All the new upgrades to Model S virtually guarantee that TSLA will make guidance of 55K this year, even if Model X were delayed (and it is not). It is a demand lever that ensures robust Model S sales while they continue to ramp production. With 55K virtually guaranteed now, this is very bullish for the stock and IMHO, we will blow past the ATH by the time Model X is revealed.