Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Preferable European superchargerlocations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this a rule stated by Tesla?

Well, regarding the locations chosen at the moment in USA, it is a rule de facto. And it also seems very logical, because the SC are intended to provide extra range when travelling, not when you have already arrived to the city. To recharge in the destination there will be a lot of 22 kW points here in Europe (3x32A is very very common), or at least 11 kW (3x16A), that will provide 50 to 150 km of range per hour plugged. So when you arrive to the city just plug the car and three hours later you will have the battery fully charged.

Another problem?
In charging point data: up to now, one thing I miss very much...: "Secured charging point" (f.i. in a Parking building). I mean it should not be nice to charge the car (during night), returning and finding it being buglarded. So .. missing information about charging points in the EU?

Who has been adding all the supercharger locations in Norway? Especially going north. Is that a statement of some sort? It doesn't make sense to place one every 50 km along the same route. The car can go at least 200-300 km on one charge, depending on battery size, so an interval of 150 km will suffice.