Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prediction: Model X price will be reduced to $78K in January 2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m betting there will be a price drop by at least $2,500 sometime in Q1 2024. There’s nothing else about the S/X that will motivate customers to buy.
"Nothing else"? I've owned both an S and now an X, and having driven both 3s and Ys, I couldn't disagree more. They're quite different vehicles, clearly for different purposes.

I wouldn't even want a y, but I do love our x. The three? I could live with one of those, but greatly preferred the s.

"Nothing else"? I've owned both an S and now an X, and having driven both 3s and Ys, I couldn't disagree more. They're quite different vehicles, clearly for different purposes.

I wouldn't even want a y, but I do love our x. The three? I could live with one of those, but greatly preferred the s.
What I meant was there is nothing new with the X in the near future. It will be the same X for about two years coming up. They need to make some kind of updates, even minor. Nothing to stimulate new sales besides price cuts and charging offers.

• Informative
Reactions: henderrj
I’m betting there will be a price drop by at least $2,500 sometime in Q1 2024. There’s nothing else about the S/X that will motivate customers to buy.
It's already down $41K from Jan 2023.... that's not motivating enough? What's $2500?

I got an extra $1k Tesla Loyalty Cash on my early Sept. X order + 3-Months FSD and FREE Ultra Red paint ($3k prior).

If they drop it $2500 but charge for paint colors again and only give Tesla credits that's a price increase in my book. 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• Tesla X-S Pricing 2023.jpg
    Tesla X-S Pricing 2023.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 44
It's already down $41K from Jan 2023.... that's not motivating enough? What's $2500?

I got an extra $1k Tesla Loyalty Cash on my early Sept. X order + 3-Months FSD and FREE Ultra Red paint ($3k prior).

If they drop it $2500 but charge for paint colors again and only give Tesla credits that's a price increase in my book. 🤷‍♂️
Not that motivating as sales are relatively flat over time still. And, people buying now don't get $1k loyalty cash anymore. Also, I never said they would raise the price of paint colors. I just said a $2,500 price drop. We can all disagree. No one is coming here with facts anyways. Just all speculation.

Reactions: MikeChicago

It has been overpriced from the beginning. The only reason it has sold so far is pent up demand (due to halted production when manufacturing line was converted to Plaid) and orders from pre-plaid folks and recenlty the FSD transfers and lately the povery model with EoY incentives.

Last edited:

Same here - for my own personal use I loved the 3 RWD, did not like either trim of Y I drove, and liked the S/X more than either as a family vehicle, as did the family.

But I don't want another one after living with one for 3 years, and neither does the family. It's fine, and we use it a lot, but it hasn't won any hearts. It's an interesting car technically, but a big squishy electric people mover is pretty much doomed to become a household appliance, and a long-lasting appliance at that. I'd wager almost everyone who wants one has one, and everyone else looking for an appliance would rather have a less-weird appliance, or is buying used. It's not been a sales failure, more X's ahve been built than many other entire car companies' total electric car sales, but shiny-new-thing-itis has a cure and it's time and other shiny-new-things.

They pumped what, a hundred thousand of these out into the world so far? At current pricing I'd think it'd keep doing 4-5000 units per year indefinetly, which if you've amortized the tooling and design, isn't actually that bad. But in growth-at-all-costs tech world, that can be confused for failure when it's just the natural life cycle of an automobile design

Last edited:
What I meant was there is nothing new with the X in the near future. It will be the same X for about two years coming up. They need to make some kind of updates, even minor. Nothing to stimulate new sales besides price cuts and charging offers.

What more is there to add?, ambient lighting....yawn. The X is amazing and I personally cannot wait to buy another.

Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche and Scout Motors brands to implement the North American Charging Standard in future electric vehicles.

Finally bending over to Tesla propriety charging standard.

Yeah, that won't happen. More likely they'll remove more things due to smaller profits after the price drop.
Yea, that’s what I was trying to convey.
The Model X is not amazing as the previous poster says. It is great, but its missing a lot of things. There’s so many things that have been eliminated to cut costs and just never included basic things at this price level that a lot of other carmakers include, even among other EVs.

Reactions: Richbot

Ditto. There have been massive improvements to the S & X.

I couldn’t get my wife to downgrade to the Y she hates the off axis dash and the suspension. Also compared to the S the body shape of the Y is strange.

Here are some feature comparisons between the old x and the new

If you own a business the X will qualify for the 179 Deduction on all models and the IRA on <$80K models

Model X 179 deduction (80% bonus in 2023) and Inflation Reduction Act $7500 if in the sub $80K config.​

Last edited: