Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prediction: Model X price will be reduced to $78K in January 2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While waiting:

Tesla is really going to have to come down in price in the future on the S and X. The amenities in even a $60K car is more than Teslas. There's no way the vast majority of current ICE, and even some EV, drivers will pay $80K just to have a better charging network when most cars will soon incorporate NACS (or have access to NACS). Not everyone cares about fastest 0-60 or FSD. I, personally, never paid for EAP or FSD as that never interested me. Tesla supercharging is literally the main reason we've considered and bought Teslas. But, that soon will not be exclusive to Teslas.

Tesla is really going to have to come down in price in the future on the S and X. The amenities in even a $60K car is more than Teslas. There's no way the vast majority of current ICE, and even some EV, drivers will pay $80K just to have a better charging network when most cars will soon incorporate NACS (or have access to NACS). Not everyone cares about fastest 0-60 or FSD. I, personally, never paid for EAP or FSD as that never interested me. Tesla supercharging is literally the main reason we've considered and bought Teslas. But, that soon will not be exclusive to Teslas.
BYD soon will make its presence known in the U.S and aggressively compete..

Reactions: singleview
Yea, count me out on any brand new engineering techniques until at least 3 generations to work out the kinks, reliability and design flaws not discovered until in the wild with many units.
Tesla’s air suspension (as well as air suspensions from other brands) are guaranteed to fail as well. Did that stop you from buying a Tesla or any other car with air suspension?

I’ve had all four corners on my X replaced as well as the front two on my S. All times under warranty, thankfully.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
Tesla’s air suspension (as well as air suspensions from other brands) are guaranteed to fail as well. Did that stop you from buying a Tesla or any other car with air suspension?

I’ve had all four corners on my X replaced as well as the front two on my S. All times under warranty, thankfully.
In their defense, they did mention "any brand new engineering techniques". The air suspension in the Tesla and other makes has been around for 20+ years on OEM's. The hydraulic suspension Porsche is showing above isn't as widely adopted by OEM's (yet). That said, I wouldn't need 3 generations to feel comfortable adopting new tech.

Maybe I just feel a bit gun shy from having a lot of problems with new tech in cars on 'wear' parts. Traditional air suspension does not scare me too much since I know how to replace those and have done it on my Lexus when it went out after 140K miles. Now at 212K miles on the clock it is still working well on the replacements.

In their defense, they did mention "any brand new engineering techniques". The air suspension in the Tesla and other makes has been around for 20+ years on OEM's. The hydraulic suspension Porsche is showing above isn't as widely adopted by OEM's (yet). That said, I wouldn't need 3 generations to feel comfortable adopting new tech.
Seeing that suspension being able to adjust so quickly would make me concerned to work on it myself since I am assuming it is either using a high pressure reservoir to make those fast adjustments or a high pressure pump. I had a friend back in the day who had his suspension on 'switches' and it was violent when one of his hydraulic lines burst.

Do folks think that Tesla will lower prices tomorrow (Cybertruck launch day), or in early December?

Looks like inventory is still somewhat high, with 22" wheels and 6 seaters being the slowest to sell, and the $79k tax version going quickly (obviously).

I also noticed yesterday that I can't schedule an X or S demo anywhere. Not sure if it's just my account since I have one set for delivery soon, or if they might be gearing up for something. I could still schedule a Y or 3 demo though.

west to sell, and the $79k tax version going quickly (obviously).

I also noticed yesterday that I can't schedule an X or S demo anywhere. Not sure if it's just my account since I have one set for delivery soon, or if they might be gearing up for something. I could still schedule a Y or 3 demo though.
That's interesting, it's the same thing here in SoCal. All sales centers with 3/Y and almost none with S/X