Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prediction: Model X price will be reduced to $78K in January 2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man remember when Tesla was the leader in battery and motor tech?

Now we have charging curves like this…

View attachment 1014955

If Porsche's claims are true, we don't really know what the implications are long term. I'll believe it when I see an actual charge curve posted by an actual user. If true, what will it do to battery longevity. Will the curve stay that way or will it become nerfed quickly as miles are piled on. I have no doubt Tesla could boost the current curves significantly but at what expense to long term range and durability? They have way more data than any other manufacturer on how to optimize the curve to give a reasonable battery life vs a reasonable wait time. It's hard to believe that Porsche had a battery tech breakthrough that would warranty the supposed charge curve.

Last edited:
If Porsche's claims are true, we don't really know what the implications are long term. I'll believe it when I see an actual charge curve posted by an actual user. If true, what will it do to battery longevity. Will the curve stay that way or will it become nerfed quickly as miles are piled on. I have no doubt Tesla could boost the current curves significantly but at what expense to long term range and durability? They have way more data than any other manufacturer on how to optimize the curve to give a reasonable battery life vs a reasonable wait time. It's hard to believe that Porsche had a battery tech breakthrough that would warranty the supposed charge curve.
That's not Porsche's claim.. that's the charge curve that the publication got when driving that car.

In any case Porsche's whole schtick is having repeatable performance as well as underpromising and overdelivering. Basically exact opposite of Tesla in that regard.

That's not Porsche's claim.. that's the charge curve that the publication got when driving that car.

In any case Porsche's whole schtick is having repeatable performance as well as underpromising and overdelivering. Basically exact opposite of Tesla in that regard.

This was a car regular customer car acquired by the publication and NOT provided by Porsche for the purpose of the review??????? Sorry, but I've seen enough ringers in reviews over the years to know not to trust those early reviews. Note, I didn't say it wasn't true. Most of my point was that if it is true, we don't know what that will do to longevity or that rates won't be drastically cut after some number of miles.

• Disagree
Reactions: Super_Popular
This was a car regular customer car acquired by the publication and NOT provided by Porsche for the purpose of the review??????? Sorry, but I've seen enough ringers in reviews over the years to know not to trust those early reviews. Note, I didn't say it wasn't true. Most of my point was that if it is true, we don't know what that will do to longevity or that rates won't be drastically cut after some number of miles.
That’s not what you stated. You stated it’s Porsche’s claim and not an actual charge curve. Porsche has made no claims as far as I’m aware. And unlike this company, they’re generally not in the business of hyping up unachievable numbers. (For example the range ratings when in reality the current taycan matches and often exceeds what the MSLR can do)

That’s not what you stated. You stated it’s Porsche’s claim and not an actual charge curve. Porsche has made no claims as far as I’m aware. And unlike this company, they’re generally not in the business of hyping up unachievable numbers. (For example the range ratings when in reality the current taycan matches and often exceeds what the MSLR can do)

The point is I didn't claim it wasn't true. I said "if true".

• Disagree
Reactions: Super_Popular
Yes, Porsche goes out of its way to lower its diesel emission as well. It worked so hard to under promise and over deliver its engine emission that it has gotten good at writing software in-house to cheat the system. Not sure why I’m still here in this Tesla forum and not Porsche. Should be there to energize fellow fanboys to request the release of its head of R&D…or at least raise funds for his bail.

Yes, Porsche goes out of its way to lower its diesel emission as well. It worked so hard to under promise and over deliver its engine emission that it has gotten good at writing software in-house to cheat the system. Not sure why I’m still here in this Tesla forum and not Porsche. Should be there to energize fellow fanboys to request the release of its head of R&D…or at least raise funds for his bail.
Ah yes, a badge engineered vehicle that happened to share an ECU with VW is indicative of the entire direction of their in house development.