Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prediction: Model X price will be reduced to $78K in January 2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The X is currently an amazing value when compared with any other car in its size and price point. A $78k Model X is silly. It would have to be redesigned from the ground up with many removed features
?

Respectfully disagree.

Go back to 5 seats and deduct FSD … and that’s pretty much what I paid for mine. June 2020. Raven LR+. Note the FUSC. Zero reason it couldn’t be there now, aside from margin.

IMG_4026.jpeg

Has anyone seen a reliable manufacturing cost of the model X? Margins in the 3/y were around 20-30% before price cuts. I don’t see volume approaching levels where gigs casting would offer a return In reasonable time frames.

It’s been said beg the X has no direct competition. EV9 could be closest in the right trim.

Anyone seen regular Vs Plaid sales numbers? Looks like no real Plaid inventories but decent amount of regular models on lots.

The X is currently an amazing value when compared with any other car in its size and price point. A $78k Model X is silly. It would have to be redesigned from the ground up with many removed features
Some clowns want the Falcon door removed to make it look like a larger Y for lowered cost. Not me, remove this feature , I might as well look elsewhere for basic features.

In 2019 I bought my 7 seater X, with Paint and FSD for ~$90k. I think base 5 Seater was $80K. Not sure how margins were then and now but a base around $80K seams feasible.

Reactions: dmurphy
Removing Falcon Wing Doors off the Model X would be like removing Lambo Doors of a Lambo.

It is a unique differentiator that makes it appealing to so many (but not all)

As shown above, Tesla could easily price the car to qualify for Tax Credits by having a lower list price PLUS extra $ for the long range battery.

Tesla seems to have all the pricing power in the World. In business, the low cost producer has all the power. They can price for profit, for volume, for exclusivity, to increase or decrease demand, or to take advantage of governmental or Utility regulations.

Right now, X & S are tidy little profit centers. Their tooling costs were long ago amortized. They provide a flagship option for those wanting top of the line, or additional space. No need for all their production to be smaller economy boxes. Small-Medium-Large-Special use seems to be the plan.

Agreed.

Current Model X pricing seems to be inline with EV SUV competitors from BMW, Mercedes and Audi. But if Tesla really wants to stay ahead of them, they could make improvements e.g. better handling, a more luxurious interior, and longer range with upgraded 4680 battery tech...while leaving the price unchanged.

• Funny
Reactions: outdoors and msm859
Now the order page for S/X mentions a $7500 tax credit for businesses, the actual details of which are murky since it’s new (please enlighten me if anyone knows more).

That combined with the section 179 deduction already in place for MX, indicates that the consumer tax credit won’t ever be in place for MX.

• Informative
Reactions: henderrj
Model Y is a TALLER version of Model 3, so it is not really bigger in all aspects. Model X is bit bigger, but wouldn't call it spacious either if rear passengers' knees almost meet the front seats.
No actually speaking from experience I can tell you that the Model Y Definitely has more room in the back than the Model 3. But the Model Y has better legroom than the Model X only because the Model Y seats are Model 3 seats but on pillars although the Model X has better hip and shoulder room.

• Informative
Reactions: Tiger
No actually speaking from experience I can tell you that the Model Y Definitely has more room in the back than the Model 3. But the Model Y has better legroom than the Model X only because the Model Y seats are Model 3 seats but on pillars although the Model X has better hip and shoulder room.

Interesting. There is a video about it:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ethan Ryczek
So I have to be honest: I did not expect that at all!

Luckily, I just postponed my order to September. Price in Switzerland went down by 10500, given the price change in the US and the EU, I'm surprised that they didn't lower it further.

?

Respectfully disagree.

Go back to 5 seats and deduct FSD … and that’s pretty much what I paid for mine. June 2020. Raven LR+. Note the FUSC. Zero reason it couldn’t be there now, aside from margin.

View attachment 962036

Hmm.

Kinda nailed the pricing here, yeah? Right back where we started 5 years ago, except for the FSD cost!