Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post A Picture Of Your Car Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First attempt to post a photo

URL]

- - - Updated - - -

If you upload it from your computer it will show up

Hmmmm, what did I enter wrong? How do I make photo show up in post?
You need to provide the URL to the actual picture, not a web page that contains the picture.

This is the URL you should use (I picked the 800x600 version)
Code:
[URL]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7789/18102157920_352f432468_c.jpg[/URL]
And it would look like this when you do:
18102157920_352f432468_c.jpg

My first EV charging outside of my garage was at a Mercedes dealer, and boy, I really needed the charge that day.
No kidding, I did more than 100 km round trip so needed the 1 hour charge to make it back...

In the defence of the Smart ED, I hadn't charged to full the night before, and ended up needing to go 100 km on 75% battery, and of course, it was 34C outside, and I had my youngest with me so the air conditioning needed to be on maximum...bad planning!

54490.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Alternating black, white, black, white at the Barrie Ontario Canada supercharger after a visit to Owen Sound and returning to Toronto.
This was the first road trip we did, the very next day after we took delivery only two months ago.
The car only had one day off before we embarked on a 2500 km road trip from Toronto to New York and back...brilliant!
We have added almost 5000 km to the 57000 km the original owner put on the CPO 2013 Tesla Model S85 we bought.

88803.jpg

255df39e66e84657d6a54df0a459a44e.jpg

At the North Carolina State University School of Veterinary Medicine. Those coiled cables are such a pain in the ass...

Looks like a defibrillator for cars... CLEAR!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

In the defence of the Smart ED, I hadn't charged to full the night before

Just my opinion and not a critique of the car, but is the Smart "E.D." naming idea not the biggest fail in EV's? I can't see that name and not have visions of the little car swallowing a little blue pill... :tongue:

I test drove one only very briefly, so can't honestly say if impacted my 'performance'... perhaps long term exposure would? :cool:

not a critique of the car, but is the Smart "E.D." naming idea not the biggest fail in EV's?

:confused:
The branding of the car says "electric drive", the "ED" is only really used in literature.
The plug symbol that spells ED on the side tridion cell is the only other branding.

It never gets a mention in the dozens of conversations I've had with people in real life, it's only on forums it get mentioned...maybe there's more older guys on these forums, I don't know, but I didn't even know what "ED" meant when I got the car...

:confused:
The branding of the car says "electric drive", the "ED" is only really used in literature.
The plug symbol that spells ED on the side tridion cell is the only other branding.

It never gets a mention in the dozens of conversations I've had with people in real life, it's only on forums it get mentioned...maybe there's more older guys on these forums, I don't know, but I didn't even know what "ED" meant when I got the car...
LOL, well, the one I saw had the branding rotated about 30 degrees and plastered on the side of the car as big as it could fit without bleeding onto the glass. Perhaps my reaction stems from constantly being inundated by the term 'E-D' on TV commercials (even the recent Fiat commercial with the blue pill falling in the gas tank contributes), or being married to a pharmacist and hearing all the jokes, but as soon as I saw that branding in great big letters I instantly thought that was NOT the way to attract drivers to the car. EV's are hard enough to make sexy without needlessly associating them with sexual dysfunction! :smile: I just thought it was an unfortunate marketing idea...