Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Portland, OR store at Washington Square...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll definitely let you all know when I'm in town for more than a day. This week, I arrive late Tuesday and fly home Wednesday night. We have an office over at The Round in Beaverton, so it's a straight shot down SW Hall.
Heh, I worked on the 5th floor of the 24 hour fitness building at the round for nearly 3 years (TransUnion occupied parts of floor 4 and 5, though they've since relocated and I've changed jobs).

A new joint venture between Intel & GE. Small world. And beautiful space.
Crazy coincidence.

Yea, I miss the space. My desk looked directly out the window at Mount Hood. *sigh*

The original company got bought by TransUnion and cut from something like 80 people to 15, so when the lease was up we got moved about a mile away. The new office was also a nice office, but you can't beat that spot at the round, best I've ever worked in (and I could walk downstairs to the gym). Now I'm in downtown Portland and it's not nearly as good :(. Ah well.

I don't suppose that office needs a top notch Java programmer? :biggrin:

FYI, if you want coffee/pastry, there's a place about 4 blocks away between 1st & 2nd on Hall called Ava's Roasteria. I'm not a coffee person, but the hot chocolate is great and their food/pastries are fantastic. Maybe a 10 minute walk from the Round. I used to walk there and back with my main coworker in the morning and talk shop (it replaced our "morning standup" most days). It was amazing how much design/planning we got done in those walks.

FYI, if you want coffee/pastry, there's a place about 4 blocks away between 1st & 2nd on Hall called Ava's Roasteria. I'm not a coffee person, but the hot chocolate is great and their food/pastries are fantastic. Maybe a 10 minute walk from the Round. I used to walk there and back with my main coworker in the morning and talk shop (it replaced our "morning standup" most days). It was amazing how much design/planning we got done in those walks.

I stopped there three mornings in a row last week. And twice the week before.

GeorgeB tells me that the store should be opening on the weekend of the Get Amped tour... and he'll be there! And so will I... for a test drive! I went to the Fremont event this weekend and it was fantastic! Unfortunately I was only a passenger. :(

I count at least 8 res holders in the general PDX area...

Tesla Model S & X Reservations

I agree. based on those, plus the folks on the forum how have posted on this thread, I count 10 TMC handles (including Thumper from Corvallis!).
I'm gathering a list - including email addresses, so i don't want to publicly disclose them without permissions - of all those I know.
There are four pins on zeemaps I can't confirm matches to this list.

Private message me to identify your reservation numbers?

Please post detailed updates on how many HPCs they have at the store and how easy they are to get to.
( and Roadster connectors versus Model S connectors )
It will become a new charging stop when driving from Seattle to Oregon south of Portland.

Please post detailed updates on how many HPCs they have at the store and how easy they are to get to.
( and Roadster connectors versus Model S connectors )
It will become a new charging stop when driving from Seattle to Oregon south of Portland.

There are two HPC units on the lower floor of the two-level parking garage on the west side of the mall. Tesla logos are blazing in the parking area, and the charging area is brightly lit compared to the rest of the spaces. There is space painted on the floor to hold about 4-6 vehicles. At present, it's roped off to reserve for the get amped cars, and one of the HPC's has an orange Model S adapter on it. I snapped a few pictures of all this, which I'll post here when I'm able later.

As for getting there, enter Washington Square Mall's complex from the Scholls Ferry exit from highway 217, and proceed toward Nordstrom. The two-level garage is outside the general mall entrance on the west side - Starbucks, Cheesecake Factory, etc are there. The top level of the garage is open to the sky, and the walk-in level to the mall. One level down has a opening for cars at the outer edge of the parking lot - stay on the outer ring road before you get to Nordstrom, and turn into the garage at the stop sign. Once in, the bright Tesla logo will guide you.

Two photos of the HPC charging area described last night.

94FA3DB8-8D3C-4D14-BAC4-9838698C8B79.JPG

8C14E5BE-B672-484C-A7E9-A8F60A6375CA.JPG

(Sorry for the quality - I'm not a pro, nor even a goo amateur photog.)

I was told by a store employee this evening that they expect a Model S for test drives within the next couple of weeks. Reservation holders will get first priority.

Yes. I heard that too, just yesterday. They don't know what configuration of car(s) they'll get, but that we'll get first crack. I told Jessica, I'd love to see a std Brown 85kWh model, with a std. stereo. We shall see.

Bonnie I take it you made into to town no problem?! Look forward to tomorrow. I'll check out your blog.