Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Poll] - Who bought or will buy Model S/X 60 kwh instead of waiting?

Instead of waiting for Model 3, who have bought or will buy Model S/X 60 kwh?

• Yes, definitely will order/already received Model S/X 60 (first time owning Tesla)

Votes: 36 18.6%
  • Yes, definitely will order/already received Model S/X 60 (previously own Tesla/ own multiple Tesla)

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Yes, I am getting BOTH Model S/X 60 and Model 3

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Yes, seriously considering Model S/X 60

Votes: 18 9.3%
  • Not sure/ Neutral

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • No, I can only afford Model 3 financially, and I will wait

Votes: 77 39.7%
  • No, I will use that money to buy TWO or more Model 3 instead.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • No, Model S/X is too big for me, or I don't like it. I will wait for Model 3

Votes: 17 8.8%
  • No, my current Tesla is just fine

Votes: 15 7.7%
  • No, I don't currently own Tesla and don't plan to buy any Tesla in the future

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No tumbleweeds here. I do believe it's either the radar sensor or the camera. Like others have reported on the S forum, perhaps calibration of sensors is required. Pattern of error seems to occur the morning after parking the car in the garage and with sensors indicating some distance from any object to the front or either side. Next trip or next morning, the errors pop up but disappear once I'm on the road for a couple miles.

Reactions: Red Sage
As a follow up to my last post here, it turned out to be the front-facing camera. I digress.

The Model S is a really nice car. It's growing on me daily, so much that I might pass on the reserved M3. The acceleration is great and the range not bad at all with the 75 kWh battery. Sure, it's going to be a bit more expensive than a 60 but the competitive forces that are about (Bolt on range alone), will drive down the cost of batteries and perhaps the car. It has to IMO.

In-any-case, I'm fortunate to own a Tesla now and then figure where I want to be in 18 months. Diverting would-be M3 owners to the 60 sounds like a good strategy, so long as new MS owners don't also acquire a M3. I'm sure EM wouldn't mind that either;)

Last edited: