Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

poll of hypothetical door options

Which type of doors would you prefer on Model X if they were made an option?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The problem with falcon doors is that they are awesome and it forces the owner to be awesome. Some folks are having difficulty with the concept of becoming awesome. Maybe they have never been awesome before, and they are afraid it will destabilize their status in their community or with their family. Or that a mad scientist may show up at their doorstop wanting to install a flux capacitor. Or that they may have to apologize when they unload their car and someone nearby will be just be staring awkwardly with mouth open, and they will be compelled to say "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be so awesome." But I think they will come around and realize it's okay to be awesome.

More seriously though, someone once said the falcon doors really weren't all that different from a rear upward opening door on a common SUV. Just more advanced to work well on the side. In that light, it doesn't seem so radical.

The problem with falcon doors is that they are awesome and it forces the owner to be awesome. Some folks are having difficulty with the concept of becoming awesome. Maybe they have never been awesome before, and they are afraid it will destabilize their status in their community or with their family. Or that a mad scientist may show up at their doorstop wanting to install a flux capacitor. Or that they may have to apologize when they unload their car and someone nearby will be just be staring awkwardly with mouth open, and they will be compelled to say "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be so awesome." But I think they will come around and realize it's okay to be awesome.

More seriously though, someone once said the falcon doors really weren't all that different from a rear upward opening door on a common SUV. Just more advanced to work well on the side. In that light, it doesn't seem so radical.

Thank you for both, very relevant points. :)

The latter, comparison to automated rear hatches, was something I hadn't really thought of before. To me the automated rear hatches are still a little bit awesome, though, even though I've owned them in several cars already over a decade or so. There is just something about that automated opening and closing that feels so... controlled. It is erotic, almost. Falcon Wings with the double-hinge action will, no doubt, be orgasmic.