Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please update the Sydney, Australia maps and traffic light types

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla,
Sydney had some major roads and infrastructure changes last year. Massive new arterial roads opened.
PLEASE UPDATE THE MAPS. Can't believe we're on a 6 month turn around??

Also,
Please have the vehicle programmed to understand Australian traffic lights. We have double traffic lights for roads that have both right turn and straight lanes. The vehicle keeps 'dinging' me to go when the light for my direction is actually red. Without it, no autodrive will ever work in Australia.

Thank you.

Reactions: Eeen
The road that opened is the M8 and Rozelle interchange, as well as major works on the roads South into the Harbour Bridge. That's 2 major roads into Sydney CBD. It's hugely confusing at the moment to try and follow the maps in - they're always wrong.

So… this website isn’t affiliated with Tesla in anyway 😁

And there isn’t any sign of anyone from Tesla ever coming on here in an official capacity for input, feedback, suggestions or anything like that. Just letting you know in case you’re looking for an official response of any kind.

sorry to hear about your nav issues, and good luck!

Tesla,
Sydney had some major roads and infrastructure changes last year. Massive new arterial roads opened.
PLEASE UPDATE THE MAPS. Can't believe we're on a 6 month turn around??

Also,
Please have the vehicle programmed to understand Australian traffic lights. We have double traffic lights for roads that have both right turn and straight lanes. The vehicle keeps 'dinging' me to go when the light for my direction is actually red. Without it, no autodrive will ever work in Australia.

Thank you.

Perhaps you know this, but just in case you dont....

This site (Tesla motors club) is not affiliated in any way, shape or form with Tesla inc. It is a separate, enthusiast website. There is no guarantee (or even expectation) that anything here is seen by Tesla.

I say this because your account here is new, and all of your content appears to be trying to direct feedback to Tesla itself for things you think need to be addressed. Your posts start off "Tesla, " as if you expect them to see it, and you should have zero expectation that they would see something just because its posted here.

Perhaps you know this, but just in case you dont....

This site (Tesla motors club) is not affiliated in any way, shape or form with Tesla inc. It is a separate, enthusiast website. There is no guarantee (or even expectation) that anything here is seen by Tesla.

I say this because your account here is new, and all of your content appears to be trying to direct feedback to Tesla itself for things you think need to be addressed. Your posts start off "Tesla, " as if you expect them to see it, and you should have zero expectation that they would see something just because its posted here.
Thanks! I will try to find a more appropriate place to give them feedback.