Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full Self-Driving (Beta) requires updated navigation maps. Connect to WiFi to download.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had FSDb 11.3.5 on my car since April 1st; using it daily. During an active and functional day driving with FSD, on a major road in my neighborhood that I’ve been on before, I had to disengage. When I double tapped the drive stalk to turn it back on I was back to old autosteer on city streets and FSD was inaccessible. I’m confused why FSD is inop, especially when it was operative a few seconds earlier. I got home to find this message about updating navigation maps on WiFi. I do have WiFi and I do have the latest map installed. 24 hours later I checked again for a map update but there is none of course because I have the latest map.

image.jpgimage.jpg

I’ve had FSDb 11.3.5 on my car since April 1st; using it daily. During an active and functional day driving with FSD, on a major road in my neighborhood that I’ve been on before, I had to disengage. When I double tapped the drive stalk to turn it back on I was back to old autosteer on city streets and FSD was inaccessible. I’m confused why FSD is inop, especially when it was operative a few seconds earlier. I got home to find this message about updating navigation maps on WiFi. I do have WiFi and I do have the latest map installed. 24 hours later I checked again for a map update but there is none of course because I have the latest map.

View attachment 926210View attachment 926211
I'm in the same boat, Beta worked fine yesterday until I disengaged for a roundabout a few miles before reaching my destination. Saw the same message this morning and it was on WiFi all night, and isn't pulling an update.

Have you tried rebooting the car?
I did. I tried the 2 SW reset, no luck. I got crazy and tried service mode and did software reinstall, again no luck. I mean it did reinstall my 2022.45.14 build correctly, but not really related to navigation error. The FSD error message refers to nav data, so I actually wasn’t expecting much. I want to reinstall the Nav database but I think a service request will be the only way. I hope it’s a software solution to fix.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: FSDtester#1
I think I may have found the issue,

”New version of the maps tend to come out every 6-8 months so using the week number you can estimate when the next version should be due by adding 26 - 34 to the week number”

The one you have in the car is week 44, so the next one is due between weeks 18 - 26, which means the car is up to date since a new version has not been released.

I know this makes no sense since FSD says it needs an updated map. Assuming these facts are correct we just need to wait on Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
I’m glad I found this post. I just wanted to add that I, too, experienced this issue yesterday on my drive home from work — FSD is disabled due to (supposedly) outdated navigation maps, and I’m reverted to the Autosteer beta. In the morning, I could use the FSD beta on the freeway (my car was last updated on 31 Mar), but it mysteriously went away with this navigation maps error sometime in the middle of the day (I can’t tie it to disengagement). I have tried the soft reboot to no avail, but good to hear that I’m not alone.

Reactions: David 4893
I am confused by this post. My car has FSD 1.3.5 and map NA-2022.28-14046. The map version is the same version since I got FSD last year. I just checked the car and it's still on that map version. This is consistent with what I saw here:

Last edited:
I'm guessing there was some map revision pushed out for the 2022.48 that isn't on the "safe list" of maps that FSD will run on.

Sounds like the fix is likely going to be for us to wait for the next point release of FSD (11.3.6?) that has the updated list of map versions that it will run on.

I see there is also a 13.3.5 release in the cue. Perhaps this will have the updated database.
OP is on 11.3.5 and has the issue.

In the screen shot of the OP it appears FSDb is available but not selected. No?
No, what we are experiencing is that the option to the left is selectable, but you can't select the option to the right (FSDb).

• Informative
Reactions: ATPMSD
Less than 2 hrs after I posted to this thread, my FSD has reverted to a working/enabled state & no longer claims a map update is required. No change to reported versions of FSD nor maps.
This site says NA-2022.44-14515 is second most popular download this week. Does your car still have NA-2022.44-14515 or it's reverted back to the older version?