Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please Tesla offer SR+ with premium audio so i can buy your car!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AND AGAIN !!!

PROBLEM IS AWD !!!

All wheel drive!!!

We don`t need that in our state.

Nevada
Arizona
California

Can you people understand that?

You are telling me if if drive AWD i need upgraded sound system?

Its not color of the car,its not battery, but AWD !!!

You obviously don't know *sugar*. AWD is not for winter areas, it's for performance. You have to put 450HP down to the ground. Since you are paying extra for this performance, they are throwing in a better sound system for you. It's not the other way around. They are not building the car around the sound system.

No one wants you to do anything.

If YOU want the best sound system in the Tesla, Tesla is making you spend $55K

Or go aftermarket.

Those are your only options. They are not going to change.

No one guarantees that an OEM system, even upgraded, is going to be good. You bought a car, not a rolling home theater. It certainly was never advertised as a rolling home theater. You may still not be satisfied with the upgraded audio. The premium audio is also not a reason you cannot buy the car. You CAN buy the car, but choose not to.

Reactions: Kevy Baby
I want to pay for premium audio.

Model S and X had option to purchase it.

Model 3 does not have any options other then color and AWD.

But don`t want AWD .

Why are you stuck on premium audio being tied to AWD? As others have stated, there are 3 trim levels available for model 3 right now, SR+, LR AWD and Performance. Tesla does not want to include premium audio on every trim level otherwise it wouldn’t be premium, it would be standard. Then it would be something for you to complain about wondering why there isn’t a premium audiophile upgrade available.

Have you test driven both SR+ and LR? If not, how do you know you’d like the premium audio and find it worthy of whatever price you think Tesla should offer it as a stand-alone option? How do you know you won’t be happy with the Standard audio?

If you really want to “pay for premium audio,” buy a SR+ and find an aftermarket shop that will upgrade for you. There are plenty that will gladly take your money and know what they are doing and will install an amazing system for you. Just because so,some posted somewhere that some shop wouldn’t work on their Tesla doesn’t mean every shop is that way.

Reactions: cdswm3
Also, sorry for double post, but i'm terrified to modify my car when it comes to doing any wiring or doing electrical.. dunno why, but i get afraid something will void out on my warranty.. such as aftermarket audio. Anyone know of a "chain" type trusted place that would do this for a Tesla? I know placed like Best Buy do the service etc but like i said... im afraid hahahahah maybe needlessly afraid?

when you decide to buy a car you have 2 options.

RWD or AWD

Never heard someone saying "If you buy AWD you will get premium audio".

Does not have sense.
Dont need AWD and wont spent $10k for it.
But want premium sound

then it’s cheaper to have it upgraded at a shop, and you can even getter better components than they’d put in an OEM system...and you control how much more you spend on the car. Sounds like a perfect solution.

^^^best answer^^^
Really, this thread just keeps going around and around. The OP doesn't seem to get that repeating the same thing over and over isn't going to change the way things work. And people telling him/her how things work doesn't seem to have any effect.

Ok is a worse answer than someone contributing a real answer. If you don’t want to contribute, why post something worthless? It’s even more of a waste than hoping someone who is old and stubborn will realize they have two choices: spend the AWD money to get premium audio, or don’t buy a Tesla. There are other viable options that should be considered (used mid range, new SR+ and aftermarket upgrade) but the OP is too set in his stubborn ways to realize there are other options. He just wants to complain.

OP, Elon doesn’t respond here so if you want your complaints heard, tweet him directly.

• Disagree
Reactions: sduck
Ok is a worse answer than someone contributing a real answer.

It’s an answer of exhaustion. I’ve tried explaining the way trim lines work; I’ve showed other examples and I’ve even listed other similar vehicles and option packages. I tried.

The simple OK is my attempt at acknowledging the original poster and their position, when I have nothing further to contribute. It’s abundantly clear that the OP isn’t interested in learning how the industry works or look at the alternatives offered, so they’re simply here to complain. And given that, I can acknowledge their complaint with a simple “OK.”

• Love
Reactions: jjrandorin