Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s quicker than I thought. Either way, early access FSD’ers like @jebinc and @Muzzman1 and me are going to be waiting a while. 😭
Like up to six months…. Amd note, the release notes make no mention of a vibration fix. I sooooo orefer how Rivian handles and communicates issues and issue resolution. Tesla is such shite.

Last edited:
Reactions: WilliamG
If I get another Plaid, I'm going to stay off the FSD release until I get this update. Then subscribe...
Yeah don’t blame you. Or honestly, I’d be happy unsubscribing from the early access FSD program and just being on the regular FSD program, as they’re pretty much up to date (week 38 so far). It’s just basically impossible to get this done, as @jebinc found out.

Reactions: jebinc
Yeah don’t blame you. Or honestly, I’d be happy unsubscribing from the early access FSD program and just being on the regular FSD program, as they’re pretty much up to date (week 38 so far). It’s just basically impossible to get this done, as @jebinc found out.
What happens if you stop paying for your subscription? Presumably they have a way to move you back?

What happens if you stop paying for your subscription? Presumably they have a way to move you back?
There’s no rolling back on Teslas. Since all the new software updates are available with and without FSD, it would just be deactivated on the car, I imagine.

That doesn’t help people who paid for it in full (like me) - those on the early access FSD who are a few small FSD revisions ahead of the general FSD crowd, but many regular software revisions behind them. Right now, general FSD’ers are on 2023.38 whereas the early access FSD’ers like me are on 2023.27 but a slightly newer FSD build. I’d rather be the former crowd and get newer general updates.

Haha. Well, they took my car and I signed the paperwork. But I don't have a check yet....
Full buyback at original purchase price, or just a "trade in" value-like offer (materially less than what you paid for the PoS)?

I suspect the latter because they would not admit it's defective, but rather call the partial refund a, "Customer Accommodation" - admitting ZERO fault.

Full buyback at original purchase price, or just a "trade in" value-like offer (materially less than what you paid for the PoS)?

I suspect the latter because they would not admit it's defective, but rather call the partial refund a, "Customer Accommodation" - admitting ZERO fault.
Full buyback plus loan interest, registration, tax, FSD, premium connectivity, etc. They followed the NC lemon law formula. They prorated the purchase price by the mileage the problem started (2500 miles) / 120,000. https://ncdoj.gov/protecting-consumers/automobiles/lemon-law/

Total was $155k.

Full buyback plus loan interest, registration, tax, FSD, premium connectivity, etc. They followed the NC lemon law formula. They prorated the purchase price by the mileage the problem started (2500 miles) / 120,000. https://ncdoj.gov/protecting-consumers/automobiles/lemon-law/

Total was $155k.
This might work out brilliantly for you. When I had my buyback, I got a full refund check. Managed to even negotiate zero mileage deduction. Then again, you’ll do a lot better as the price drop is significant since you bought yours (if you decided to get another).

Total was $155k.
Good show! After all of their BS, glad to see it having worked out. Here in WA, re the vibration issue, no matter how much time they worked on it, would not have met the WA lemon law threshold requirements.

This might work out brilliantly for you. When I had my buyback, I got a full refund check. Managed to even negotiate zero mileage deduction. Then again, you’ll do a lot better as the price drop is significant since you bought yours (if you decided to get another).
Yeah, because I'm foolish enough to place another order for a base Plaid for $90k. We'll see if this one vibrates too....