Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clunking when in Neutral--normal behavior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a service appointment scheduled and will update accordingly, but wanted to check in with the community to see if anyone else has had this issue or if it's normal behavior on the '22 Model S Plaid?

I have no issues when driving, reversing, or when coasting in neutral at speed. However, when I'm at a standstill and shift into Neutral to let gravity roll the car very slowly, there is a repeated metallic clunking sound that occurs in sync with the car physically stuttering/lurching as it tries to roll. It's almost as if the "hold" brakes are still engaged and slipping or something inside the rear motor is not releasing properly. This only happens for the first few seconds when the car is barely rolling and goes away once it picks up a little speed/momentum. Anyone else experience this on their S Plaid? Does this seem like an early sign of a more serious issue? Experienced it from early on but didn't bother to get it checked out until now.

Videos of issue: