Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Test Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I actually purchased mine with no test drive at all. I had read these forums for a couple of months and felt like I knew most of the issues with the car. I just ordered it and waited. :)

Joe
There's also the fact that the Model 3, Model Y, and Cybertruck have reservations for over 100,000 cars each. And then you add that for probably 6 months, there was not one that didn't arrive at a showroom that wasn't already allocated to someone. So that's probably a quarter million happy owners that never tested their Tesla before purchasing.

Upvote 0
There's also the fact that the Model 3, Model Y, and Cybertruck have reservations for over 100,000 cars each. And then you add that for probably 6 months, there was not one that didn't arrive at a showroom that wasn't already allocated to someone. So that's probably a quarter million happy owners that never tested their Tesla before purchasing.
I was never in or even tested a model S before buying my Feb 2022 MSLR. I wasn't looking for a Tesla or any other make specifically. The Tesla just happened to fit my needs only because it is a hatch back. I never ever pictured myself in a sedan. Best car I've ever owned.

Upvote 0
I think I'm canceling my Plaid Model S order. I am worried the cab will be real noisy like my 2014 Model S. The roar of the tires drowns out my $2500 sound system. Is the 2023 noisy like the 2014? Road noise of the tires? I'm reading road noise is bad on the new Model S. There is no service center near me and I have not been able to test drive a car when I get to a service center. They have so many people lined up to test drive. I might go back to BMW. I mean, I place an order and I get a message on my computer to download an Ap. I have an AP on my phone, but I see nothing there. I called and the recording said press 1 for a callback, which would be 20 minutes. No call back. Tried again. Prompts got me to press #1 again for a call back. NO call back. Hmm.

Upvote 0
I think I'm canceling my Plaid Model S order. I am worried the cab will be real noisy like my 2014 Model S. The roar of the tires drowns out my $2500 sound system. Is the 2023 noisy like the 2014? Road noise of the tires? I'm reading road noise is bad on the new Model S. There is no service center near me and I have not been able to test drive a car when I get to a service center. They have so many people lined up to test drive. I might go back to BMW. I mean, I place an order and I get a message on my computer to download an Ap. I have an AP on my phone, but I see nothing there. I called and the recording said press 1 for a callback, which would be 20 minutes. No call back. Tried again. Prompts got me to press #1 again for a call back. NO call back. Hmm.
Sorry but there is no comparison from 2014 to 2023(4). Mine is completely silent and almost frighteningly fast granted it’s a MSP. Have both the 19” and 21” tires and the ride is incredible. Loved our MYP but after buying the MSP it’s night and day impressive in every aspect.

Upvote 0
What tires? Never heard of tire noise being so loud someone couldn't enjoy music.

Upvote 0