Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid+ reservation holders: what is Tesla telling you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weird. So I spoke to the sales manager at the Tesla store, and he said the order fee does not apply to older orders, and the $1,000 I already paid will be applied as a credit to the total sum.

Separately, he also mentioned that the FSD price will continue to show $10,000 all the way to final payment & delivery, but that a $2,000 discount will be applied to my total price. I wonder if they’re doing that for the purpose of accounting for revenue recognition from FSD a certain way.

Welp, my July estimated delivery date just went blank today.

Looking at the source code of my account page, it used to include:
Code:
"EstimateDelivery":{"copyOverride":"Estimated delivery: July"}

Now it's just:
Code:
"EstimateDelivery":{"copyOverride":null}

I just spoke to the Tesla sales team in SF this afternoon. They said my order is in “build planning” stage, during which Tesla figures out which production run to slot my ordered options in. Not much more detail, other than carbon fiber being built later (probably due to parts shortage).

My guess is that supply of CF trim was delayed for some reason, so they started offering wood trim for Plaid to deliver them sooner, since those variants were built before LR.

Still blank as of today, but the sales advisor I spoke to said this will likely change in about a week as they figure out build planning for Q3.

Let’s see!

Reactions: DukeofURL
I heard
I just spoke to the Tesla sales team in SF this afternoon. They said my order is in “build planning” stage, during which Tesla figures out which production run to slot my ordered options in. Not much more detail, other than carbon fiber being built later (probably due to parts shortage).

My guess is that supply of CF trim was delayed for some reason, so they started offering wood trim for Plaid to deliver them sooner, since those variants were built before LR.

Still blank as of today, but the sales advisor I spoke to said this will likely change in about a week as they figure out build planning for Q3.

Let’s see!
There is hope for mid-July delivery for us!! (Maybe haha)

I was originally told that if I changed to a Plaid without Carbon Fiber that there was a good chance I would receive it by the end of June, or first week of July at the latest.
On my Tesla account page, the estimated delivery date showed August and then I think on July 9th, it stated July 12-23. Each day after it's been moving up a day. It's now showing July 15-22.
No VIN yet.
Red/Wood/21"/Plaid - RN11445

I was originally told that if I changed to a Plaid without Carbon Fiber that there was a good chance I would receive it by the end of June, or first week of July at the latest.
On my Tesla account page, the estimated delivery date showed August and then I think on July 9th, it stated July 12-23. Each day after it's been moving up a day. It's now showing July 15-22.
No VIN yet.
Red/Wood/21"/Plaid - RN11445

So you got rid of the CF for an earlier delivery?

so ive got another interesting plaid+ order agreement - new plaid order agreement tidbit... Old Plaid+ one says $1500 for White and Black/CF ... new one says $2000 for white/Black/CF... Everyone is talking about the 10K to $8K adjustment for FSD from old Plaid+ to new regular plaid, but anyone know anything about the $500 change in paint option?

you know, for extra beer money :)