Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone alert - plug in reminder?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody know how to get a reminder-to-plug-in alert if the car is less than a desired amount of miles? My wife would essentially like to say "Hey Siri, remind me to plug in at 8pm every night if the Model 3 has less than 100 miles of range."
Thanks!

The premise of your question is wrong. You should just get into the habit of plugging in every evening when you get home. It should have nothing to do with how many miles charge you have or if you think you “need” it. After a few days you won’t even have to think about it. It will become automatic

If you haven’t read the battery section of the owners manual, please do so.

Yes, we are aware that Tesla says to plug in every night. And we are also aware that there are battery preservation threads that discuss maximizing battery life by oscillating around 50% - and include direct quotes from Elon. My wife charges it up to 70% and then charges it again when below 100 miles. Lasts many days - one of the nice advantages of having such a big battery.

Yes, we are aware that Tesla says to plug in every night. And we are also aware that there are battery preservation threads that discuss maximizing battery life by oscillating around 50% - and include direct quotes from Elon. My wife charges it up to 70% and then charges it again when below 100 miles. Lasts many days - one of the nice advantages of having such a big battery.
Don't worry about it. Seriously, just plug it in every day and leave the slider at 90%, you could even set it at 80%.

After driving a Model S for 5 years now and having this habbit I don't see any serious degradation.

So make your life easier and just plug it in when you arrive at home.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MikeATL and TexasEV
Basically, my wife forgets to plug in and is asking for an alert. We checked out TeslaFi as suggested, but the $5/month charge rubbed her wrong so she is going without.
Thanks to all for the suggestions and info. Happily, it's not a huge problem because the local supercharger can fix it with a quick stop.