Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phoenix Service Center?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dropped my Roadster off at the service center this evening after work. They said it was the first official day of being open. It's a very nice space. They have 3 lifts, their own alignment equipment, tire changers and balancers, and lots of room. The floors were brand spanking new and very clean. They'll stay that way, too, being an oil free garage.

I originally pulled around back but they said procedure will be to park out front and head into their reception area first. Tim will come out and do a walk around to get things going.

I saw at least 5 Model S's including a white one fresh off the delivery truck. There was one other beautiful electric blue Roadster there which Nick said was a trade in and just sitting there for the past few weeks. I think someone needs to buy it! Rsquared, was this your car? It needs a new home! :) I guess my Roadster will be the first alignment on the new equipment tomorrow.

Nick said he had some Tesla VIP's in to visit earlier in the day. The new office neighbors have also been gawking and soliciting since the signs went up. When my car was parked out front, some dude from a neighboring business told me he was taking pictures of my car and that "Teslas are awesome!"

One unfortunate thing - there were no charging stations out front.

Nonetheless, it's great this Service Center is finally officially open! Good thing they have an official reception area. It's going to attract a lot of attention...

I drop my MS off tomorrow morning for: Service bulletin (related to creaking), fog lights (for those owed them), new rear seat belt rollers (to the non-sticking design), tire rotation. Hearing they have alignment equipment, I'm going to ask them to do that as mine has always been floaty exaclty the way the alignment thread describes it. I wasnt sure if it was needed til I read that thread. I'm wondering if they will upgrade me to 5.6 also.

I'm 95% sure I knew the owner of the electric blue Roadster. A former colleague here in PHX named Roger had it, and his lease expired about a month or so ago. I assume it's his. He decided to turn it in, run his 100K miles plus Prii into the ground and possibly wait for the MX.

There was one other beautiful electric blue Roadster there which Nick said was a trade in and just sitting there for the past few weeks. I think someone needs to buy it! Rsquared, was this your car? It needs a new home! :) I guess my Roadster will be the first alignment on the new equipment tomorrow. ...

No, wasn't mine. Tess is radiant red. I'm curious what's happening with her, but I think the adoption process is closed.

I am also waiting for an alignment, as it was previously outsourced to Schumacher European and they did not do as good a job as they could have. Nicholas stated that he was frustrated with the quality of alignments done at Schumacher European, their outsource partner, so anyone else who had an alignment done prior to the move may want to get scheduled for a re-align.

I called Nicholas on Friday to get scheduled, he said they are waiting for a software update to arrive for their alignment bench before they can use it. It is supposed to get updated this week. If anyone is successfully scheduled for an alignment, would you mind posting here? I feel the need to stay on top of things with Nicholas and Tim since they are so busy.

If anyone is successfully scheduled for an alignment, would you mind posting here?

Hmm - they said my Roadster was to be aligned today or tomorrow. Will keep you posted. Not sure how much a software update would matter on Roadster vs. Model S, but will let you know. They are doing some other work on my car as well - replacing windshield, installing a 3rd party back up camera per my request, and hopefully fixing a non-working subwoofer. My car is still under CPO warranty. They said they'd need the car for 2 days.

Will let you know if it was successfully aligned.

They are pretty swamped. I made this appointment with them 3 weeks ago.

Thank you so much for the information, I just called and they scheduled me for a loaner and alignment tomorrow! Hopefully now the alignment will be done in-house to Tesla's high standards.

Interesting, I just dropped my MS off this morning at 10:30. Asked about alignment and they said that they can only do Roadster alignments at this time. They are still awaiting the specs/config to be able to do MSs. So, either they are taking it elsewhere to do, or they just got the info in the last 2 hrs.

I got the black P85 loaner still running 4.5 VIN 11xxx (don't recall the exact number). It's limited to 80mph. I wasn't planning on gunning it, but honestly I do typically hit that speed in my normal commute. So, it's was an odd feeling/sound when I bumped into the limiter. Also, the P85 is definitely whinier than my 60. I'm actually surprised how much noisier it is.

Interesting, I just dropped my MS off this morning at 10:30. Asked about alignment and they said that they can only do Roadster alignments at this time. They are still awaiting the specs/config to be able to do MSs. So, either they are taking it elsewhere to do, or they just got the info in the last 2 hrs.

I got the black P85 loaner still running 4.5 VIN 11xxx (don't recall the exact number). It's limited to 80mph. I wasn't planning on gunning it, but honestly I do typically hit that speed in my normal commute. So, it's was an odd feeling/sound when I bumped into the limiter. Also, the P85 is definitely whinier than my 60. I'm actually surprised how much noisier it is.

Talked with a nice lady there, didn't catch her name. She grabbed Nicholas and I was on hold for a couple of minutes before she returned to confirm the appointment. I asked if I could wait while it was being done, but she said it would take more than an hour. Crossing my fingers! :)

Ya, I met her this morning, she greeted me when I arrived. Forgot her name too...I'd talk to Chris or Tim to confirm. Chris was the one who told me that they couldn't do MS alignments Onsite yet. He offered that I could bring it in another time to do the alignment. They will likely have my car thru Friday with the work they are doing for me.

Funny... I had that one as a loaner ~12 days ago. The VIN is a couple hundred higher than mine -- so its from the first batch of loaners. I also noticed it was still on 4.5. The other thing I noticed on the limiter is that cruise control is limited to ~72-73 -- it would not set at anything higher... Decided I liked my 60 better than the P85 -- felt better, and the extra power in the P85 was just too much for me...

Ya, I met her this morning, she greeted me when I arrived. Forgot her name too...I'd talk to Chris or Tim to confirm. Chris was the one who told me that they couldn't do MS alignments Onsite yet. He offered that I could bring it in another time to do the alignment. They will likely have my car thru Friday with the work they are doing for me.

Yup, I just confirmed with Chris. He said they got the specs in this morning. Whew!

Do those guys know that we're talking about them here? It's like a soap opera... LOL

Anybody know if they have added more staff yet? Response time from them has increased tremendously. When I contact them it will usually take a few days for them to get back to me. When I first got the car I would hear back from them within minutes. Don't get me wrong, they're service is top notch. Just not used to the delayed responses.

Yup, I just confirmed with Chris. He said they got the specs in this morning. Whew!

Do those guys know that we're talking about them here? It's like a soap opera... LOL

I wouldn't be surprised if they knew. Chris called me several times to give me updates on the work. Left me voicemails since I was in meetings. He called me at the end of the day and said the work was all done. Told him i can swing by at lunch tomorrow to pick it up. I asked him again about getting the alignment checked. And he said they just got the specs in and can take care of it in the morning before I come to get it.

I originally tried to book the appt last month. But because the parts weren't in, one of the guys took some vacation, and the the move to the new location, it got pushed out to today. So I excused the delay. But I have to say, that the service I got since I dropped the car off (with multiple updates on my car) was outstanding. And I even got a summary email from Chris outlining all the work done.really fantastic and quite different. It reminded me of the first time I got a receipt from a Square payment system emailed to me.

My P85 was picked up today and trailored to Scottsdale for a proper alignment. They left me with a gorgeous green/beige P85+. I've never driven a Plus, I'm almost afraid to do drive it because it seems like every time I drive a loaner, it makes me wonder about something in my own vehicle. I hate that! :)

Scheduled an appointment today to investigate a couple of presumably 5.0 related issues: Occasional haywire with the Nav map and the inability to identify a USB device after the car is restarted. Two weeks out is the earliest. Not a big deal because those aren't material issues in my book.

I picked up my baby at 4pm this afternoon and got a lovely tour of the facility. That is one slick shop, I must say. I love their pickup area for new deliveries. The alignment is stellar! Steering wheel is perfectly centered, car drives like an arrow now. He said they performed some toe link and caster adjustments. My alignment is spot on now.

Man, I must be doing something wrong because I can't get any response from this local team. I feel like I have to constantly reach out to Nick to get a response, but then when he passes the issue down the line my responses stop again. Very frustrating from my point of view that others seems to be getting great treatment while I am not.

Man, I must be doing something wrong because I can't get any response from this local team. I feel like I have to constantly reach out to Nick to get a response, but then when he passes the issue down the line my responses stop again. Very frustrating from my point of view that others seems to be getting great treatment while I am not.

I just PM'd you Tim's contact information. I don't know about others, but he was initially slow to respond to me, but he eventually got my service scheduled and he's since been providing me with daily updates while my Roadster has been at the Service Center.

Good luck!