Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Petition to rollback 5.8s suspension behavior modification at high speeds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was one of the original posters on the Tesla forum, the day before the announcement. My thread disappeared after 3 day and over 140 hits. (Curious) Count me in on this petition. I would prefer to wait until the Jan. update to see what they do, before you present it. I have driven 200 miles in the new settings and it is stiff!, and I run 19's. Seems to me that the new Standard is the old High position, indicating the air bags being over inflated.

@MJT

I empathize. I was someone who was initially quite unhappy with both the WHAT and HOW of these changes. I took some time and choose to upgrade to 5.8 on my own terms. I can say that with time my sensitivity to the changes is decreasing. I think there is enough energy around the suspension changes that TM will have to make good on Elon's promise. If they can't, that may be a sign of bigger problems and the lack of 1.1" will be the least of my worries. FWIW my suggestion is to find a way to make peace, choose to believe that TM loves its owners and wants to give us the best experience possible and hope for the best.

I realize that I made a big $ bet on this car no matter how you slice it. I need to support that bet. Doing otherwise puts my initial investment at greater risk. I need TM and my car to be healthy 5 - 10 years from now.

@MJT

I empathize. I was someone who was initially quite unhappy with both the WHAT and HOW of these changes. I took some time and choose to upgrade to 5.8 on my own terms. I can say that with time my sensitivity to the changes is decreasing. I think there is enough energy around the suspension changes that TM will have to make good on Elon's promise. If they can't, that may be a sign of bigger problems and the lack of 1.1" will be the least of my worries. FWIW my suggestion is to find a way to make peace, choose to believe that TM loves its owners and wants to give us the best experience possible and hope for the best.

I realize that I made a big $ bet on this car no matter how you slice it. I need to support that bet. Doing otherwise puts my initial investment at greater risk. I need TM and my car to be healthy 5 - 10 years from now.

Exactly how I feel.....Perfect!