Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pencils down in 6 weeks - Model 3 design work nearly finished

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With regards to the trunk opening, as long as I can remove the wheel on my fatbike (Fatbike - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), drop the seats in the car and slide it in the hole without needing to remove the pedals from the bike, I will be quite happy. Otherwise, I will either have to get a decent roof rack for the pano roof, or buy a Model S instead.
Otherwise, I think the car is perfect. The shape of it is good, and even the front I find nice.

Since the 3 will have a towing option, you also could get a bicycle rack that attaches to it.

GSP

Reactions: nexsuperne101
How much do know about the Tesla Model "Y" ?

Will it be a M3 hatchback or an SUV like the MX?
The only time the Model Y was even referenced was in the tweet Elon deleted right after posting. The context was that he said either the Model 3 or Model Y would have Falcon Wing doors. The Model 3 obviously doesn't, so we all assume the Model Y does, and the only reason it would is if it's some kind of SUV, CUV or hatchback.

I would agree with @nexsuperne101 that MX would have been a great car even without those wing doors. They should have had a more simpler door and reduced price by 5k. Falcon wings will be good for the first few months and then when the novelty wears off you are left dealing with constant repairs. Model Y will do well without fancy doors.

The only time the Model Y was even referenced was in the tweet Elon deleted right after posting. The context was that he said either the Model 3 or Model Y would have Falcon Wing doors.

Not quite. A few days later he was on a TV show and was asked about this deleted tweet, and said that he "was obliviously talking about Model Y". The Model Y also was mentioned at the time they come up with the "Model E" name for what's now known as the Model 3.

It seems like Elon does not need more SEX, he needs something that is more SEXY ;)

I hope the Y doesn't have falcon doors. It will forever be in the service bay :(
Would be great if they worked 100% of the time, but another dose of rubbish doors on another Tesla could kill them off.

Their with be a minimum of five years between the X and Y. If you do not think they will have the software/hardware figured out in that amount of time you should plan on getting the Apple car.

Noooooooo rush for the Model 3 Design Studio. Final pricing is a year off anyway, plus I wouldn't mind a full vetting by all of the employees before getting my grubby paws upon the configuration experience du jour.

Am good with a Hawthorne launch event in very late October 2017 with access to the Design Studio that evening. I imagine there will be a Model S/X event this October for the last of the AP1.0 features. Not quite sure where that puts an AP2.0 launch but if that got shoehorned into May-June of 2017 nobody would object, I'm sure.

I really really really really hope you are correct.

Elon has distorted our perception of how long this stuff takes already.

Again, we found out at the event that the Model 3 mules actually had their own drivetrain installed, and not a modified S setup. Those cars were a lot closer to the Prod models than any of us expected.

I wouldn't be surprised if Reveal 2.0 included an AP2.0 announcement for the entire lineup.

That way, Elon can say "Any S/X that comes off the line after today will have it, and the Model 3 will have it at launch."

Keeps everyone happy. S and X get to remain the "frontrunners" on tech, and the 3 will get it at launch late next year.

Reactions: jkk_