Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pause Trip-A/B odometers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently, users can reset Trip-A/Trip B odometers, but it is impossible to pause them.

Sometimes, there may be situations (and pretty often actually) when it is required to pause counting on one of them.
Imagine you use your Tesla for business and private purposes, and for tax purposes, you may want to know how many miles your drove for business, and how many miles for private. You may use Trip-A as a "business trips odometer" and Trip-B for private use.

A very similar scenario occurs when you switch between winter and summer tires and want to know how many miles you drove on Winter tires and how many miles you drove on Summer tires. Obviously, the odometer on winter tires should be paused when you are on summer tires.

Additional subfeatures:
* Allow to have custom odometers. Additional to standard. An unlimited number of odometers.
* Auto reset-odometer on specific days (on the 1st of each month for example). Send an email with data before resetting. Show history.

Upvote 0
I also don't see the point in limiting us to 2 resettable odometers. I have one used for "lifetime" (well, since FSD computer upgrade, anyway), limiting me to only one other trackable trip.
Indeed, it looks like plenty of odometers but with 1 tracking all-time, 1 current drive, and 1 since the last charge, that leaves only 1. Mine is set to track efficiency since installing CrossClimate 2 tires, leaving none available to track a trip!

Reactions: APotatoGod