Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger door and trunk issues (model S 2014)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The problem I have with my 2014 is very interesting. For sometimes the passenger door opens itself when I approach the car or when I put the car in park. Since the problem doesn't happen every time I have been ignoring it. I just made sure to check the passenger door whenever I leave the car. I have noticed that this is a common problem and many Tesla owners have reported a similar problem. But here is the interesting part, for about 3 weeks I noticed that the trunk doesn't latch properly, I have to push on it to completely latch. But if the passenger door is left open the trunk latches fully and no need for me to push it down. At first I thought it is just a coincidence, but later noticed that I can successfully reproduce the case every time. The only thing that I can guess is that there is a control unit that controls both units and that is faulty. The passenger door presents itself normally, the trunk latches properly as long as the passenger door is open. I have also had the left main light malfunction on the dash a couple of times, but it went away at the next use.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Appreciate your time and responses.