Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

pano roof - vent position changed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just updated this night to 6.2 (2.5.36): my roof is working again when I put it on "vent" (12%).
So it seems that it was a software issue after all (vs a hardware issue confirmed by my service center...).

Awesome. It's been too hot here to even bother with the "vent" and today it's pouring rain. Look forward to trying for myself.

Too funny. I just complained to Tesla about a few problems, including the Pano roof not venting. They said that they were working on a firmware fix. So I came and found this thread, and noted that AT3 says his update fixed it. Then I remembered that I got an update yesterday.

So I went out and looked at the car as I popped and retracted the roof with the remote app. Yep, it's working!

Wow, that's fast service. :wink:

While the new vent position may be perfect for not allowing anybody to deliberately pour something in your car, it no longer actually.. uh.. "vents".

It creates an opening at the top of the vehicle where hot air can escape while the car is parked. That's what I assumed the feature was for.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks all. If the sunroof is designed properly, then leaving it open won't allow rain in when tilted/vented....I know my old A5 had a little drip ridge running along it that drained to the channel surrounding the sunroof; it was left vented several times during some major rain storms with no water getting in. Anyway, that aside, it doesn't seem like a very elaborate solution to the wind noise problem.

The pano roof cannot tilt. In order to vent, the entire glass roof must lift up.

- - - Updated - - -

2.5.36 did not change the venting position from the previous release, at least in my case.

It creates an opening at the top of the vehicle where hot air can escape while the car is parked. That's what I assumed the feature was for.

- - - Updated - - -

The pano roof cannot tilt. In order to vent, the entire glass roof must lift up.

- - - Updated - - -

2.5.36 did not change the venting position from the previous release, at least in my case.

Mine update yesterday also fixed vent position.

Latest update fixed it for me. It opens slightly more now. Just enough to be actually slightly open.

I wish they would put this stuff in the release notes. I guess they can't because then people would complain, "Tesla had to release a software update just to fix their sunroof vent position cock-up."

I wish they would put this stuff in the release notes. I guess they can't because then people would complain, "Tesla had to release a software update just to fix their sunroof vent position cock-up."

Apple puts things like that in their release notes, they get a certain amount of flack but seem to be doing okay. It does more good than harm to keep the users informed.

This doesn't seem to have been fixed for me with .36.

:confused:

Allow me to eat my words. It does "fully" vent now with .36. :redface:

Actually, what I think may have happened was that I got to work and vented my roof, as usual. Because I had a pending software update for the car, I installed it while I was at work. I came out, and my vent was still in "barely cracked" mode... of course, because that's how I had left it.

The next day there was a chance of rain, and I didn't vent again. Thus I had it in my head that even though I had the .36 flavor of 6.2, the vent position hadn't changed.

At least that's the story I'm sticking to...