Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint correction on NEW 2024 model Y Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up a 2024 model Y performance a few days ago. It’s been in the garage since. Decided to get ash the car and noticed all embed contaminants into the clear. do I make a service appointment and have some bad Bodyshop try to buff it or do I clay it and compound it and polish it myself and take hours out of my life to try to make it right? Or do I bring it to a professional and send Tesla a bill?

Attachments

• IMG_8036.jpeg
    IMG_8036.jpeg
    181.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8033.jpeg
    IMG_8033.jpeg
    239 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8038.jpeg
    IMG_8038.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8044.jpeg
    IMG_8044.jpeg
    134.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7873.jpeg
    IMG_7873.jpeg
    572.8 KB · Views: 5
There isnt any path forward where Tesla is going to pay for your paint correction, regardless of whether you try to send them a bill or not, so your only choices are do it yourself or higher someone. There isnt any other choice that makes sense that can be executed on.

Reactions: Mike_TV
Tesla is not going to even look at the bill so my recommendation is hire someone to do a stage 1 paint correction in your area so you're not spending the same amount in tools/materials to do the job. Unfortunately this can be common compared other manufacturers but will leave your car looking better than factory.