Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D Vanity Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpg
Family is choosing from these options...

Just curious if anyone would find this offensive? I don't think so, but maybe some would. I think it's a whimsical play on an electrical term and a commonly used phrase; however, I don't want to display it if it is generally considered offensive.

OHM GEE.png

Hello ecarfan, some might think OMG stands for "Oh My God" which could be offensive; however, many use it as "Gosh" or "Goodness" in which case it is probably not offensive.

Thanks for the explanation. I do understand the meaning of the acronym OMG (though don't see how that could offend anyone) but that acronym did not come to mind when I looked at OHM GEE.

I've been thinking about VEQIXR (V=I*R) or some similar version of Ohm's Law.

Or I could put my ham plate on it. There's a big lightening bolt down the center.
I gave up call latter plates 30 years ago, after I was IDed as the source of some RFI in an apt rental where I was living :smile:
More true nowadays. Just google the callsign and it brings up your name and address on qrz.com as the first link. Not something I would want so readily available to the masses.
tga - if you're a contester or DXer, PM me. We may know each other.

Just google the callsign and it brings up your name and address on qrz.com as the first link. Not something I would want so readily available to the masses.
Yep, which is why I gave the FCC my PO Box. Although, to your point, it's an easy way to pull up my name from my plate, which I probably don't really want, anyway...

- - - Updated - - -

Very clever! I'm not smart enough to figure it out if I saw it! :p
Actually, vanity plates that I can't figure out annoy the $%!#()* out of me, so I probably shouldn't contribute to the problem. :biggrin: