Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Package(X024)???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought that's just what made an 85D into a P85D.

P=Performance.

The rear drive motor goes from "Small" to "Large" and you'll see it abbreviated as LDU or Large Drive Unit. These have been more prone to failure with coolant seals leaking, so just be aware of that. Wish I owned one sometimes, happy I don't others.

I'm 80% sure everything else is the same but someone can please correct me if not. Obviously having the larger motor unlocks more power and you can also get Ludicrous or Ludicrous+ upgrades on top of the Performance upgrade? These would show up under pedals and steering in the controls menu, right at the top. I only have Chill and Standard acceleration modes on my non performance 2015.

It's possible that the X024 is "Performance Plus" which upgrades the suspension. But I searched here and X024 likely means you DON'T have the plus upgraded suspension. So in that case it would just denote a "regular P85D" a term I coined just now.

I thought that's just what made an 85D into a P85D.

P=Performance.

The rear drive motor goes from "Small" to "Large" and you'll see it abbreviated as LDU or Large Drive Unit. These have been more prone to failure with coolant seals leaking, so just be aware of that. Wish I owned one sometimes, happy I don't others.

I'm 80% sure everything else is the same but someone can please correct me if not. Obviously having the larger motor unlocks more power and you can also get Ludicrous or Ludicrous+ upgrades on top of the Performance upgrade? These would show up under pedals and steering in the controls menu, right at the top. I only have Chill and Standard acceleration modes on my non performance 2015.
Thank you! The one I’m looking at does have Insane+ but didn’t know about the coolant leaks. Now the question, should I Risk it for buiscuit…

Here are the codes from my 2015 P85D which had both Plus suspension and Ludicrous:
  • BP00 No Ludicrous
  • PF01 Performance Legacy Package
  • PX00 No Performance Plus Package
  • X024 Performance Package
Ludicrous wasn't available at the time the P85D was produced; it was an add-on later, so I'm pretty sure all P85Ds would have the "BP00 No Ludicrous" option. I think this is what Tesla went off when they decided to remove Ludicrous mode from my car 2 1/2 months after I purchased it from them. Fortunately I had email correspondence with the sales advisor telling me that the car did indeed include Ludicrous mode.

My car had the performance plus suspension even though the code says it does not. The sales advisor even confirmed that it did not include it. However, I verified by checking the part numbers on the dampers, and when Tesla replaced one due to a leak, they replaced with another "plus" damper.

The PF01 Performance Legacy Package used to indicate performance seats, CF spoiler, and 21" wheels. My P85D had the seats but no spoiler, and it had 19" cyclone wheels.

X024 is to highlight that the car has the larger rear "performance" drive unit.

All this is to say the codes are not very reliable in telling you how the car is actually equipped, and you should do some in-person checks to verify the car's features.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2 and KalJoMoS
Here are the codes from my 2015 P85D which had both Plus suspension and Ludicrous:
  • BP00 No Ludicrous
  • PF01 Performance Legacy Package
  • PX00 No Performance Plus Package
  • X024 Performance Package
Ludicrous wasn't available at the time the P85D was produced; it was an add-on later, so I'm pretty sure all P85Ds would have the "BP00 No Ludicrous" option. I think this is what Tesla went off when they decided to remove Ludicrous mode from my car 2 1/2 months after I purchased it from them. Fortunately I had email correspondence with the sales advisor telling me that the car did indeed include Ludicrous mode.

My car had the performance plus suspension even though the code says it does not. The sales advisor even confirmed that it did not include it. However, I verified by checking the part numbers on the dampers, and when Tesla replaced one due to a leak, they replaced with another "plus" damper.

The PF01 Performance Legacy Package used to indicate performance seats, CF spoiler, and 21" wheels. My P85D had the seats but no spoiler, and it had 19" cyclone wheels.

X024 is to highlight that the car has the larger rear "performance" drive unit.

All this is to say the codes are not very reliable in telling you how the car is actually equipped, and you should do some in-person checks to verify the car's features.
Thanks for the info, very helpful clearing this up!!