Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

E-fuse, 2014 Tesla Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_1811.png

Upvote 0
on ur firewall
not sure why Tesla didn't include location in epc

View attachment 1015089

PS. whats up with the title? 😅

Aaah so that's how it's called. Found it last week when doing a HVJB PTC fuse deep dive...

Screenshot_20240204_202029_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240204_201254_Gallery.jpg

Makes me wonder who designs stuff like that and put it in front of the elements, not sure if I prefer this over the old fuse box above the 12V battery...

Reactions: brainhouston
Upvote 0
it looks like ver2 is better sealed tho..
don't u still have normal fuse box?
i thought this was an additional unit, at least according to epc...

2017 S75

1707081459886.png

Not sure what you mean with 'normal' fuse box. There was a fuse box above air tank.

20240130_100318.jpg

If you mean a fuse box with mega fuses I could not find it bc I think e-fuse module covers all that old mega fuses

Upvote 0
this happened when my 12 V battery showed on my screen needs to be replaced and then I went to supercharge it and after I supercharges something got shut down like God didn’t wanna start then after a few minutes to start it and this happened no camera no auto pilot so I’m assuming something to do or burn the camera or burn the ECU auto pilot

Upvote 0
this e-fuse box is just that, electronic fuses, zero resistance normally, infinity when it detects short
so get the multimeter n test each path to rule it out, refer to schematics from service.tesla.com (its free)

fyi, im currently working on my 2016 S, n after replacing front bumper harness/parking sensors, i also have Parking assist unavailable...
i haven't found definitive answer yet but sounds like it might need a reset of ecu or clearing codes...

Reactions: zack1
Upvote 0