Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Model S 90D Battery Fuse Replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you're talking about the pyro fuse I thought this was covered by the 8 year battery warranty? Too many damn parts to go bad
I just got the "Fuse Alert" and scheduled an appointment with Tesla. The estimate for the fuse replacement was $213.00 but upon inquiry Tesla service responded that the item on my 2016 Model X 90D was covered under the 8 year 150,000 warranty. I just checked my messages again and the quote has now been changed to $0 with a note thats its a warranty item. Whew, dodged the bullet on that one!! (and if anyone is wondering, the pyro fuse in the main battery apparently has a small "Ignition battery" that fires the fuse. In the new pyro fuses that little battery is being eliminated, so newer vehicles shouldnt be getting this alert!)

Reactions: dsm363 and Jumper
I just got the "Fuse Alert" and scheduled an appointment with Tesla. The estimate for the fuse replacement was $213.00 but upon inquiry Tesla service responded that the item on my 2016 Model X 90D was covered under the 8 year 150,000 warranty. I just checked my messages again and the quote has now been changed to $0 with a note thats its a warranty item. Whew, dodged the bullet on that one!! (and if anyone is wondering, the pyro fuse in the main battery apparently has a small "Ignition battery" that fires the fuse. In the new pyro fuses that little battery is being eliminated, so newer vehicles shouldnt be getting this alert!)
Hey Kurt, they’re saying the new fuse replaced still has a finite (limited life) expectancy of 5-10 years

Reactions: dsm363
Looks like it is my turn, Just bought my 7.5 year old 2016 S 75 last week, previous owner done the factory reset before I arrived and all was fine for the first 350 miles, got the message today sitting in the carport charging. Made an ppt. for Tomorrow at 9:30 still awaiting cost estimate via app. Seems the most recent cases I read online say they are covering under warranty for cars inside the 8 year which I am. I will come back here and update once I know more for others.

I sold my 2012 Model S to a friend from work. I drove it to his house and did factory reset. Immediately after I did this fuse warning came on but went away after 15 min or so.

The fuse is usually a few hundred to replace then?