Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D Ride too Harsh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was rotating wheels today and noticed something odd. The front shock is inserted fully into the air spring.

20150621_133745.jpg

I could have sworn when I first got my PD, I drove it up on service ramps and spent a few hours just checking things out. I could have sworn that it looked like this before:

19005qs8t1lq1jpg.jpg

The further the bottom of the shock is mounted into the air spring, the more air has to be pumped into the bags to reach the same height as one that is mounted higher on the bottom.

Anyone else with a P85D have something that looks different? How about a P85D produced after April?

You know, it would make all the sense in the world that that's what's causing your 'washboarding effect'. If the air spring had slid down on the bilstein damper, it could have bottomed-out at the top so you get no spring.

My car is off at the frame man now so I can't check it.

The images above are for AWD front (top) and RWD front (bottom). I think they came up with the "C" bypass, when realizing there was no better place to run the shaft, than through the line that used to be straight down from the shock tower.