Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D performance firmware update - where is it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If that update truly was the "performance" update we have all been waiting for, then it means one thing: Elon's hint at a 2.8second Model S means that a 100kW+ battery version is coming out, and the P85D will be eliminated/discontinued like the 60D was. Another blow to recent P85D owners and a great way to kill resale value like what happened to the 60D people.

it is what it is! If they do, perhaps tesla will offer and update for people who just purchase they car, such as myself. I took delivery on 3 weeks ago.

no 100KWh battery imho, not in 2015 anyway.

More a question of have they got enough overhead in the battery and inverters to tap into the 691hp+ (remember the 221hp motor has already been shown at 257hp in the 85D) potential of the motors without overcoooking everything.
Improving on the 0-60 I guess is pretty close to traction limited now, but 40mph+ would certainly benefit from unleashing some more horses to distance the P85D from the 85D.

Getting close now only a week to go

no 100KWh battery imho, not in 2015 anyway.

More a question of have they got enough overhead in the battery and inverters to tap into the 691hp+ (remember the 221hp motor has already been shown at 257hp in the 85D) potential of the motors without overcoooking everything.
Improving on the 0-60 I guess is pretty close to traction limited now, but 40mph+ would certainly benefit from unleashing some more horses to distance the P85D from the 85D.

Getting close now only a week to go

i like the way you think.!