Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P to look different than standard M3?

Would you want your P model 3 to have a different body like Audi S, BMW M, AMG?

• Getting PxxD, no same just different badging.

• Getting PxxD, yes I want it to look somewhat different

• Not getting PxxD, yeah make them look all the same.

• Not getting PxxD, sure make them look different/don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tail fins would differentiate the P-models and evoke a sense of speed/performance:

6e8ee9f5c6c0182265c02cf41ad56d70.jpg

Two things:
- On the one or two production line(s) they have currently, I do think they produce Model S and X intermixed on the same line. If they can produce two so different cars on the same line it would be obvious that they also could produce more then one trim level on one or more of the production lines for the Model 3, like a coupe, wagon, convertible, SUV/CUV (Model Y) or just some smaller trim differences.

I just did the Tesla Factory tour in Fremont last Friday, they really have one production line that builds S and X intermingled. I saw all types of variations of Xs and Ss being built, with Right hand side driving, Ps, Xs with 7 seats, 6 seats (did not see any 5 seaters) all in the same production line. The factory definitely has the capability to build several variations, but as it happened with the S and X I believe that Tesla will focus on delivering the maximum ammount of 3s as fast as they can and they will streamline the options to make that happen, like we are now seeing with the interior bundled packages for S and X.

I just did the Tesla Factory tour in Fremont last Friday, they really have one production line that builds S and X intermingled. I saw all types of variations of Xs and Ss being built, with Right hand side driving, Ps, Xs with 7 seats, 6 seats (did not see any 5 seaters) all in the same production line. The factory definitely has the capability to build several variations, but as it happened with the S and X I believe that Tesla will focus on delivering the maximum ammount of 3s as fast as they can and they will streamline the options to make that happen, like we are now seeing with the interior bundled packages for S and X.
Yep, everything Tesla has been doing recently screams "streamlining". It's extremely likely the Model 3 production line will be maximally streamlined out of the blocks with bundled options and a lot fewer "bundles". It's absurd to think there will be anything more complex than the S/X production process.

Multiple exterior trim levels have no place among words and phrases such as "max production speed" and "streamlined".

Maybe in 15-20 years when Tesla has cemented their core vehicle offerings will we start to see exterior trim, and even then, it'll probably just be S/X first.

Yes I think there is very very little chance of a different body style within the model 3 line as I said in my original post. Yes the S and X don't have different exteriors based on trim and model 3 will be even more streamlined.

However, my post was more to the question of whether there should be for Tesla's benefit or would you want there to be body differences if the price was reasonable. Just getting the perspective of others in the TMC community.

P owners will already benefit from better range and better acceleration.

P85 less range than 85.
P90 less range than 90
P100 less range than 100.

Performance decreases range. Better acceleration, yes, better range, no.

I think it bothers some people that those who own a base 60 look practically the same as a fully loaded P100D. For me, I see those people as the old joke about the difference between a porcupine and a [*insert name any performance car]. Punch line: On a porcupine, the pricks are on the outside. Having said that, I plan to get a P version of the model 3. What irritates me is people who buy the P solely for the "look at me!" effect rather than the actual performance. That's why I like Tesla who makes them all look practically the same, without any concern for the porcupines.

• Funny
Reactions: ohmman and boiler81