Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners Manual Not Showing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2023 MSP. 2023.44.30.8. When selecting Owners Manual in Service, nothing shows except grey screen. On good WiFi and LTE. Tried two wheel reboot. ? Any ideas? (When using App on iPhone, Owners Manual loads fine).

Attachments

• IMG_6869.jpeg
    IMG_6869.jpeg
    410.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Dunno, but, as a baseline: Get out of all the menus. Along the bottom bar where all ye icons live, there's an icon, roughly in the middle, with three horizontally organized dots. Tap that.

This should give you a slew of icons: toybox, energy, streaming, tuning the radio, etc. One of them looks like a spiral bound notebook and says the fateful words under it, "Manual".

Tap that. Does the manual come up?

Dunno, but, as a baseline: Get out of all the menus. Along the bottom bar where all ye icons live, there's an icon, roughly in the middle, with three horizontally organized dots. Tap that.

This should give you a slew of icons: toybox, energy, streaming, tuning the radio, etc. One of them looks like a spiral bound notebook and says the fateful words under it, "Manual".

Tap that. Does the manual come up?
No it does not. Same grey blank screen for Owners Manual. On same page is release notes, which Does work fine.

2023 MSP. 2023.44.30.8. When selecting Owners Manual in Service, nothing shows except grey screen. On good WiFi and LTE. Tried two wheel reboot. ? Any ideas? (When using App on iPhone, Owners Manual loads fine).
I have the same issue 2018 M3 on 2024.8.9. Pedal/Buttons reboot did not fix this. I've also tried this on WIFI and LTE, same issue. I put in a service request to Tesla and they want to do a remote diagnostic test (for $100) to see if they can find the issue.

I think I'll just wait and see if the next update fixes this.

I first noticed this after getting my car back from an FSD upgrade from 2.5 to 3.0

I don't think this has ever worked. I accidently invoked the manual 2 days ago, and it still didn't work. Open up the Tesla App and the Manual is under Service. Read it on your phone, or from your logged-on Tesla account on a webpage on a computer. You can Bookmark it so you can access it anytime when you are not driving.

Last edited:
I don't think this has ever worked. I accidently invoked the manual 2 days ago, and it still didn't work. Open up the Tesla App and the Manual is under Service. Read it on your phone, or from your logged-on Tesla account on a webpage on a computer. You can Bookmark it so you can access it anytime when you are not driving.
At least on my car, the manual app did work, I've opened it and used it several times in the past.

This is new that it open to a blank screen in the app on the car.

At least on my car, the manual app did work, I've opened it and used it several times in the past.

This is new that it open to a blank screen in the app on the car.
I see no way that service can do anything. It isn't your car, it is just Tesla programmers who neither you nor service can contact. There are so many "software" related issues so much more important than this that I have been waiting years for Tesla to correct. If you buy a Tesla, you must understand that functions that work correctly may stop working or not work correctly for years. Flexibility is required in expectations. My car works well as transportation, but the accessories and software change frequently without reason and without fix dates.