Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Our Model S is home... (NEWDL's Story)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
> Ohio gets first Model S

As Northeasterners we always had to beat our way across the seemingly impenetrable hills & valleys to reach Akron Ohio, then manage to get thru this city (it is much easier today!), finally, at Barberton, the land opens up and indeed we are 'out west'!! THIS is car country, these are the folk that gave us land cruisers like the 1957 Cadillac. Open highways for as far as one could see (for my little Austin to play in). Next stop California!

Glad the Model S is now at large in the Midwest, with many more to follow. Congratulations!
--

Thanks everyone!

As far as I know it was batch shipped to Chicago and then driven on the trailer to Ohio.

Nearest service center is currently Chicago or NYC. We have been told Columbus is coming soon. We really have not worried about it because TESLA has been great with the Roadsters so far.

The fleet is our pride and joy. We love the cars and they all have a great story.

The reason i really love the white is that the static display clay Model S was on the showroom in Menlo Park while I worked there. I used that display to explain the car and what it will be. Now it is in the garage. It is amazing that it has the same 21" wheels, the same design theme, the same overall look, and an even larger battery pack than was told the Signatures would have (back then we knew we could do the 240 mile pack, but were not sure the battery chemistry would be good enough to pull off 300 out the gate).

I have been at work all day and can't wait to go see it and play with it again. I go in late tomorrow... :)

Towing a $100k+ car on a little uhaul trailer from Chicago to Ohio. Was that your choice or Teslas? Would rather see an enclosed trailer used. Not feeling warm fuzzies about this, I am also in Ohio.

Towing a $100k+ car on a little uhaul trailer from Chicago to Ohio. Was that your choice or Teslas? Would rather see an enclosed trailer used. Not feeling warm fuzzies about this, I am also in Ohio.

Why not? I'm sure the car was covered with a car cover (I think Cottonwood's pics show this), so road debris shouldn't be a problem, but if there were I'm sure Tesla would fix it free of charge.

Enclosed trailers are being built now. They are almost ready from what I understand.

Car was perfect when delivered and that is all that matters.

It is pearl white and it is gorgeous Pearl white can be hit or miss in my opinion. If it is too colorful it looses me. This one is PERFECT.

Yes we did paint armor. It also looks great.

We are EXTREMELY happy.

We will watch the 240 cable... since we have to unplug the roadster to drive it we look at the cable every time.
we are also thinking about swapping parking spots.

Thanks everyone! Can't wait to see photos of everyones cars!