Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OTR service station EV charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These are the Viva Energy sites that were successful in round 2 of the NSW Government's fast charging funding program (discussion thread NSW EV charging master plan)

Round Two co-funding was approved for 101 fast charging stations in October 2023. Round Two stations are scheduled to be operational and open to the public by October 2025 at the latest, although we are expected to be opened progressively until that time.

1 Macquarie Pl, Haywards Bay NSW 2530, Australia
113 Audley St, Narrandera NSW 2700, Australia
137 Kingsgrove Rd, Kingsgrove NSW 2208, Australia
164 Williams St, Broken Hill NSW 2880, Australia
179-181 Mona Vale Rd, St Ives NSW 2075, Australia
190 Princes Hwy, South Nowra NSW 2541, Australia
213 Parramatta Rd, Five Dock NSW 2046, Australia
241 Waterworth Dr, Mount Annan NSW 2567, Australia
2-6 John St, Coonabarabran NSW 2357, Australia
26/30 King St, Warrawong NSW 2502, Australia
277 Princes Hwy, Carlton NSW 2218, Australia
34 Wharf St, Tweed Heads NSW 2485, Australia
369 Pennant Hills Rd, Pennant Hills NSW 2120, Australia
386 Pennant Hills Rd, Pennant Hills NSW 2120, Australia
4 Balo St, Moree NSW 2400, Australia
48 Gardeners Rd, Kingsford NSW 2032, Australia
4974 Pacific Hwy, Halfway Creek NSW 2460, Australia
593 Main Rd, Glendale NSW 2285, Australia
611 Great Western Hwy, Eastern Creek NSW 2766, Australia
63 Maud St, Mayfield West NSW 2304, Australia
665-671 Warringah Rd, Forestville NSW 2087, Australia
797 Pacific Hwy, Belmont South NSW 2280, Australia
867-869 South Dowling St, Waterloo NSW 2017, Australia
88 Victoria Rd, North Parramatta NSW 2151, Australia
9-11 Roberts Rd, Greenacre NSW 2190, Australia
96 Wicks Rd, North Ryde NSW 2113, Australia
Crn Avoca Dr & Bungoona Rd, Kincumber NSW 2251, Australia
Crn Cowpasture Road & Green Valley Rd, Green Valley NSW 2168, Australia
Crn Mid Western Hwy & Nicholson Ln, West Wyalong NSW 2671, Australia
Crn Old Hume Hwy & Balaclava St, Mittagong NSW 2575, Australia

And full map & data is at Evenergi Map

Reactions: Hairyman
The Shell branded OTR site at Broken Hill is already taking shape.
Except this is the new OTR build at 84 Patton Street Broken Hill and never a Coles Express. It was a former BP branded petrol station.
It was an OTR build already under planning before the takeover. Maybe this ruling allowed them to finally put up the signage or they were just going to do it takeover or no takeover.
OTR already has service stations with Caltex branded fuels and of course their majority currently branded BP sited as well as OTR only branded fuel sites. Be interesting to see what happens with the recently Caltex branded sites and what fuel license agreements OTR have with Caltex and whether there will be some prolonged phase out of non Shell branded fuels at former OTR sites.

Screenshot_20231214-234116.png

Lane Cove on the other hand, former Coles Express, is already branded OTR. Guess maybe they were confident of the outcome, or had some other contingencies. But not on the funded list for EV chargers.

Reactions: AussieOwner
Spotted this on Facebook today, and after some Plugshare checking - looks like the first OTR EV site went live at the end of January in SA.

Their own network and their own app, sigh.

Download the OTR EV App: Apple App Store OTR EV
Google Play: OTR EV - Apps on Google Play

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 22.31.21.png

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 22.34.50.png

Last edited:
Basic EV FAQs page on the OTR site EV FAQs - OTR

Seems to be a white label app from Tridens EV Mobile App - Tridens EV Charge (there's also a "Powered by Tridens" logo on the bottom of the initial launch page)

And there's a bunch of... very familiar apps ;-)

(on Google Play and the App Store a lot are published by the same developer)

Current OTR rates show in the app are

$15 preauthorisation for all sessions
$0.65/kWh (8am-8pm)
$0.50/kWh (8pm-8am)
$4 reservation fee
$1/minute idle fee (10 minute grace period)

Yep. White labelled app. From a Slovenian based company from what I can see.

Signed up to see the costs.
Interestingly it pops up as an alert, rather than being site by site.

App itself is fairly standard looking. Similar to the EVConnect layouts that Evie, Ampol, BP started with.

Unlike those however didn't allow any auto-fill on an Android phone.

Comprehensive fees with a pre-auth, variable pricing 8am-8pm peak, and idle fees.
But also a Reservation fee (not clear if it's got a time limit)

photostudio_1707393552189.jpg

App itself is fairly standard . Similar to the EVConnect layouts that Evie, Ampol, BP started with.

Interesting fees with a pre-auth, variable pricing, and idle fees.

View attachment 1016458
15 minutes prior to arrival according to Plugshare for the reservation... you must *really* need to charge to pay a $4 fee to arrive within 15 minutes!

Reactions: moa999
15 minutes prior to arrival according to Plugshare for the reservation... you must *really* need to charge to pay a $4 fee to arrive within 15 minutes!

In some situations I reckon people would pay it. If it’s the difference between waiting 40 minutes or not at all, $4 would seem cheap. But it’s a lottery of course. You might pay for no reason if no-one is waiting at the time you arrive.

Seems to be a white label app from Tridens EV Mobile App - Tridens EV Charge (there's also a "Powered by Tridens" logo on the bottom of the initial launch page)

$0.65/kWh (8am-8pm)
$0.50/kWh (8pm-8am)
$4 reservation fee
They have another app for car wash and other stuff 🤦🏻‍♂️.. I know because I downloaded it once to get a free car wash after a drive from Melbourne to Adelaide 🤣

They have another app for car wash and other stuff 🤦🏻‍♂️.. I know because I downloaded it once to get a free car wash after a drive from Melbourne to Adelaide 🤣
Yeeah you can pre-order coffee, food, pay for your fuel all using the OTR app. Probably some financial incentive for them to keep it all in house. They havent been hacked yet so either been lucky or know what they are doing :)

Reactions: AussieOwner

Interestingly it pops up as an alert, rather than being site by site.

App itself is fairly standard looking. Similar to the EVConnect layouts that Evie, Ampol, BP started with.

Unlike those however didn't allow any auto-fill on an Android phone.

Comprehensive fees with a pre-auth, variable pricing 8am-8pm peak, and idle fees.

View attachment 1016458
Its interesting their version of peak and off peak time periods.
Maybe commercial places get different times than residential?

$0.65/kWh (8am-8pm)
$0.50/kWh (8pm-8am)
$4 reservation fee
And it is 3 streets away from the 200kw Chargefox charger at the Burnside Council Council offices (Looks at City of Onkaparinga sideways)
Which doesnt fo $15 pre-auth, isnt in a stinky servo and has type2/CCS/SA/CHAdeMO variety.

Nice little leafy eastern suburbs park to take the dog to so he can do his business on the expensive manicured lawns too.

Last edited:
OTR in Adelaide are starting to roll out charging infrastructure in the CBD. Photo taken on the corner of Pulteney and Angus Streets. It feels like this roll out will happen quickly and every servo will have charging soon.

Here’s hoping they do. Especially down south where there is a massive void.
The council will be the difficult people to deal with, even though their stance is that all cars refuel/charge at servos.

I, for one, don’t find any joy being at a servo let alone parking there to charge.

A nice park or somewhere to spend money other than a servo would be nice.

Beggars can’t be choosers though I guess..

Here’s hoping they do. Especially down south where there is a massive void.
The council will be the difficult people to deal with, even though their stance is that all cars refuel/charge at servos.

I, for one, don’t find any joy being at a servo let alone parking there to charge.

A nice park or somewhere to spend money other than a servo would be nice.

Beggars can’t be choosers though I guess..

yeah, it's good to have a mix I think. The servos are depressing places but they are often in prime positions for those who want a quick charge and keep going and there are times you might want something like that, along with others where you want something along the lines of Albury for a good lunch/dinner charge and are happy to travel a few minutes off the highway for it.

Reactions: SPadival and dronus