Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon waiting room 2021 Y orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine went back to 6-8 weeks again…. 😢

so yea, yesterday morning it changed to 6-8 weeks. Then sometime yesterday evening I went back to normal dates 8/17-9/6. Now this morning it is 6-8 weeks again.

It has to mean that it is moving in the system. I
really think we are getting close. It's like the week before prom!!! Super excited!!!!

I got an automated email, text, and voicemail this morning about my pick up tomorrow. I just spoke to the delivery department and my car is still in California on the "bid board". Apparently there are several other cars in the same boat. He's gonna "ping" logistics again.

Also interesting that they are planning to deliver it to my house.

Ugh I just realized I forgot to ask about flying down to pick it up. I'll call again this afternoon.

So you ended up with a different car than you ordered? Was this an inventory car?
Yeah saw a car pop up on 7/29 and I grabbed it . Then my original order also got a vin last Thursday. This morning I got automated phone calls for appointments confirmation for both cars. I was waiting for the original order Vin to be unmatched, they didn’t. Since Tesla craps on communication didn’t want to have a black Y and red Y in my driveways 😂

I got an automated email, text, and voicemail this morning about my pick up tomorrow. I just spoke to the delivery department and my car is still in California on the "bid board". Apparently there are several other cars in the same boat. He's gonna "ping" logistics again.

Ugh I just realized I forgot to ask about flying down to pick it up. I'll call again this afternoon.
They offered me home delivery but I opted out of it as my house is under crazy construction activity area , so don’t want to take chance.

Reactions: Funkyjuju

Hope this works out well for you.

Yeah saw a car pop up on 7/29 and I grabbed it . Then my original order also got a vin last Thursday. This morning I got automated phone calls for appointments confirmation for both cars. I was waiting for the original order Vin to be unmatched, they didn’t. Since Tesla craps on communication didn’t want to have a black Y and red Y in my driveways 😂

I would have went down with you and a pile of cash to grab the red one.

Any recommendations for window tinting shops ? I checked with tctwraps in Hillsboro and he said front and rear carbon for 325 , ceramic for 475. 3 hour job, no roof tinting.

We used highline customs in Beaverton for our M3. We are just going to do the fronts to match the rear temper. Not too worried about blocking heat since it's only a couple months a year. Just want the windows to look dark. He quoted us $145 to do the driver and passenger windows.

We used highline customs in Beaverton for our M3. We are just going to do the fronts to match the rear temper. Not too worried about blocking heat since it's only a couple months a year. Just want the windows to look dark. He quoted us $145 to do the driver and passenger windows.
I’ve gotten quotes from like 10 places. I think I am going with high line customs. They had the best prices and quite a few options. Plus they’ve been around forever and their work looks good