Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Option for showing if you're a paying supporter of TMC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sent in a payment a few weeks after having lurked over every inch of the site, soaking up tons of information even before my first post...The value I've received from these forums has been great enough that I didn't feel the need to ask any other questions. And I recognize that such a busy (and fast!) forum site requires some solid hosting to run, and that doesn't come cheap.

Having said that, it would be nice to know a little bit more of who actually owns TMC. I'm guessing it's one of the mods, but I haven't figured out who..

Also, it was nice to lose the ads. :)

Do Supporting Members really want a badge or some such?

We already give away most things that other sites use as perks, so we don't have much left to thank those that do contribute, though it is greatly appreciated. We try to keep ads to a minimum, but removing most of those for Supporting Members is about all we can offer. The Support TMC link is also purposefully inconspicuous.

We're currently saving up to move to better servers.

Honestly I haven't given yet. Not because I don't want to, but because I pretty much never think about it until this thread bubbles up to the top. And that never happens at a convenient time for me to do it (like right now). Seeing such a badge displayed proudly by people on the forums here that I respect would be adequate peer pressure for me to finally sit down and do it.

I like the idea. Maybe make it something where it isn't obvious what it is until you hover over it or click on it.

Sent from my Droid RAZR using Tapatalk 2.

Doug - I don't really care about badging for other people to see, but it would be helpful to see somewhere in my account when I last provided some donation so I can remember to renew. I know I gave something to be rid of the annoying ads, but I have no idea how long ago that was. Now, you can tell me that it's already provided in my account somewhere, because of course, I never look, but that's okay.