Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lots of new data at supercharge.info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

paulkva

part of the supercharge.info dev team
Jul 22, 2013
Falls Church, VA
I'm pleased to announce a significant update to supercharge.info ! Feedback is always welcome.

2024-03-28 - New site details: stalls, plugs, & more​

Note that many sites still do not have complete data in the new fields. Kudos to our editors for the progress they've made so far! Please feel free to report inaccuracies or incomplete data on our forum. (Or here on TMC of course! :))
  • Added stalls: Counts of Urban, V2, V3, & V4 stalls per site
  • Added plugs: Counts of the connector plugs (NACS, CCS1/MagicDock, CCS2, Type2, & GB/T) available per site
  • Added site host: Host Name & Opening Hours
  • Added number of Accessible stalls
  • Added number of Trailer-friendly stalls
  • Added parking information (paid parking, restrictions, etc)
  • Added links for additional maps and site information (PlugShare, OpenStreetMap)
  • Updated: Changes to tables and map to accommodate new fields
  • Updated: UI general refresh for a cleaner, modern look, new icons
  • Updated: About page with mini FAQ
  • Updated: Bug fixes with better caching and updating

The Charts page is the closest to what you're asking about but doesn't currently have it. However, people pull our data all the time for analysis and other purposes. Here's a somewhat recent example:

For anyone technical, we're always interested in additional contributors! Our code is on GitHub at github.com/supercharge-info.

I'm pleased to announce a significant update to supercharge.info ! Feedback is always welcome.

2024-03-28 - New site details: stalls, plugs, & more​

Note that many sites still do not have complete data in the new fields. Kudos to our editors for the progress they've made so far! Please feel free to report inaccuracies or incomplete data on our forum. (Or here on TMC of course! :))
  • Added stalls: Counts of Urban, V2, V3, & V4 stalls per site
  • Added plugs: Counts of the connector plugs (NACS, CCS1/MagicDock, CCS2, Type2, & GB/T) available per site
  • Added site host: Host Name & Opening Hours
  • Added number of Accessible stalls
  • Added number of Trailer-friendly stalls
  • Added parking information (paid parking, restrictions, etc)
  • Added links for additional maps and site information (PlugShare, OpenStreetMap)
  • Updated: Changes to tables and map to accommodate new fields
  • Updated: UI general refresh for a cleaner, modern look, new icons
  • Updated: About page with mini FAQ
  • Updated: Bug fixes with better caching and updating
Hey, this is great! One suggestion is to add whether the site is open to non-Teslas.

Hey, this is great! One suggestion is to add whether the site is open to non-Teslas.
We already have a flag and filter for other EV, labeled "Vehicles" -- but the data is very much in flux right now, at least in North America, as NACS adoption ramps up. We're doing what we can to keep up. More searching and filtering capabilities are coming soon as well.
The Ardmore, OK site is missing the V2 stalls. The data shows only the newer V3 stalls.
Fixed, thanks for flagging.

Anyone else seeing no data since Midnight for North America/USA on the Changes tab?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 16.14.11.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 16.14.11.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 19
Tesla's website is showing the station in the pic below, but it doesn't appear on the supercharge website. It appears when you select open to all EVs and Open to NACS. This is my 1st time seeing it on the Tesla website and it appears to be a magic dock station.

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.50.48 AM.png

Tesla's website is showing the station in the pic below,
See how it says "Target opening 2024"? That means it's something they hope to do at some point in the future. It doesn't exist yet.

but it doesn't appear on the supercharge website.
Because that site only shows things that people have verified are real and exist. When people find either an actual building permit filed or actual construction started, then it will be placed in that map.

Tesla's hoped-for future plans change so much that the future sites aren't something to rely on.

I love the new Plan and Voting statuses. Those really help to differentiate between identified Permits and things like NEVI sites.

Where do you get the Site Host data from? I have been recording host types and names for some time to try to track host types and agreements with specific companies as things change over time.

I appreciate the "Google Maps here" because that makes it easier to hop between SC.info and Google Maps to figure out some weird routing. OSM sometimes need corrections and double-checking on Google helps with that.

Since I do follow-the-road routing along US Numbered Highways, some State Highways and very occasionally for Interstates, one thing I'd really appreciate would be to have a toggle for automatic route updates. I often want to add and adjust waypoints to build a route and being able to control when it should re-route would both help me and also help reduce the cost of calls to MapBox.

Reactions: paulkva
We already have a flag and filter for other EV, labeled "Vehicles" -- but the data is very much in flux right now, at least in North America, as NACS adoption ramps up. We're doing what we can to keep up. More searching and filtering capabilities are coming soon as well.
You really need three options, for what the site is open to:
  • Teslas only
  • Teslas and NACS Partners
  • Teslas and all CCS vehicles. (MagicDock/NEVI funded)

And can you please fix the description for V2s? They are not NACS. NACS is SAE J3400 which specifies the use of the CCS protocol, which V2s do not support. Technically V3s that are only open to Tesla vehicles are not NACS either.

See how it says "Target opening 2024"? That means it's something they hope to do at some point in the future. It doesn't exist yet.

Because that site only shows things that people have verified are real and exist. When people find either an actual building permit filed or actual construction started, then it will be placed in that map.

Tesla's hoped-for future plans change so much that the future sites aren't something to rely on.
Tesla's findus site underwent some changes last night that seem to at least partially persist into today. All of a sudden last night a number of not-yet-open sites (gray coming soon markers) became red, and indicated what is presumably their intended feature level (Tesla only, NACS compatible and MagicDock). Clicking on them revealed that the site was not actually open yet, as it did not show site specific info such as address, and had coming in 2024 still listed. Some of these Tesla website changs seem to have been backed out today, returning to gray coming soon icons. But I think using the filters on the page still yield results that may show some of the temporary site status info again, and render the icons red again. I presume Tesla is still working on sorting all of that out...

The positive of all that was we presumably learned about a number of new MagicDock sites on the way that we had previously not been aware of. Most, if not all, of those locations were were already known to be under construction. The sites we were not previously aware of likely being MagicDock enabled all have their charing posts still shrouded. They could still be regular v3 posts under cover, with Tesla planning to convert them to MagicDock before commissioning as has been observed at numerous siteover the past few months.

Where do you get the Site Host data from? I have been recording host types and names for some time to try to track host types and agreements with specific companies as things change over time.
Right now there's no magic data source; editors have just been sweeping through sites and filling in the info they know or can find. If you have a structured data set you're willing to share, please let me know. :)
Since I do follow-the-road routing along US Numbered Highways, some State Highways and very occasionally for Interstates, one thing I'd really appreciate would be to have a toggle for automatic route updates. I often want to add and adjust waypoints to build a route and being able to control when it should re-route would both help me and also help reduce the cost of calls to MapBox.
I think I understand what you're requesting, and I've recorded it here:
Please let me know here or add a comment in GitHub if I'm missing or misunderstanding anything.

You really need three options, for what the site is open to:
  • Teslas only

And can you please fix the description for V2s? They are not NACS. NACS is SAE J3400 which specifies the use of the CCS protocol, which V2s do not support. Technically V3s that are only open to Tesla vehicles are not NACS either.
  • We've already updated our code to call the plugs at V2 stalls "Tesla" so that'll be in the next release (coming soon!).
  • Adding another "open to" option would be possible but not easy, since it's currently just a true/false value. We'll have to think about / discuss this one further.
  • Reclassifying V3s that aren't open to NACS as "Tesla" plugs would be doable, but whether or not we do it we're likely to have a whole bunch of them wrong in the short term. Right now we don't have any magic data source or script that tells us which V3+ stalls are currently open to NACS partners, so it's up to the team of editors to update them. Pulling/automating the info is on our wish-list, but probably not imminent unless someone here has a good data source up their sleeve. :) Our hope, of course, is that all V3 stalls will soon be open to non-Teslas.

• Teslas only
Some interesting questions as we try to get this right on supercharge.info:

Are we aware of anyone who has tried charging a non-Tesla (CCS) vehicle at a MagicDock location using their own NACS-CCS adapter? (A quick search of TMC didn't uncover anything but I could certainly be missing it.)

Or, said differently (but likely harder to answer right now), once non-Tesla vehicles start delivery with NACS ports built in, will they be able to charge at a MagicDock location?

Even Tesla's own Find Us map is a bit unclear on this front. For example, look at Brewster NY. The description says "This Supercharger is Open to Tesla and Other EVs with CCS compatibility" -- NACS vehicles are CCS-compatible, as you noted earlier, but if I filter Find Us on only "Superchargers Open to NACS" the pin for Brewster NY disappears.

1712352668853.png 1712352604799.png 1712352628722.png

Reactions: Johnny Vector