Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mike, you make good points about the subsidies. My gripe was of course with the planned cancellation of the EV rebate by the Conservatives and that no one in the current government would answer my question of what governmental mechanism would likely be used to change or cancel it. I still haven't an answer, and I'm not sure the question is moot even now, after the election.

Someone may wish to examine the defeated budget, which will soon be the passed budget, to see if there's anything in there of interest to EVs. Would be nice to extend the HOV privilege, although that's not much of a budget issue.

Last edited:
Mike, you make good points about the subsidies. My gripe was of course with the planned cancellation of the EV rebate by the Conservatives...

My understanding is the the current Liberal-introduced rebate is also set to expire once the initial budget for the rebates is depleted. I'm not sure when this would happen based on current adoption rates, but I do recall it being discussed the last time I met with Transportation, Energy and Finance ministry staff.